    Yes it is IE6 running for both users but the IE5 reference above is correct.
    Thank you
    Mel

    shakey, Mar 29, 2009

  2. shakey

    shakey Guest

    CORRECTION
    The icons are the same but the resultant display is not.
    "shakey" <> wrote in message
    > When I log on as a user I see a standard set of toolbar icons and the one
    > for history pulls up the sites visited sorted by day,week etc and
    > identifies each.

    void first sentence
    > When I log on as a different user I get a different set of icons which is
    > strange in itself as I initially set user up and doubt they could
    > deliberately change it.

    Anyway the history icon pulls up a numeric list that

    shakey, Mar 29, 2009

  3. shakey

    shakey Guest

    Too much confusion here its opening in notepad not notebook.
    Sorry
    Mel

    shakey, Mar 29, 2009
  4. "shakey" <> wrote in message news:...
    > When I log on as a user I see a standard set of toolbar icons and the one
    > for history pulls up the sites visited sorted by day,week etc and identifies
    > each.

    > When I log on as a different user I get a different set of icons which is
    > strange in itself as I initially set user up and doubt they could
    > deliberately change it. Anyway the history icon pulls up a numeric list that
    > opens to notebook window that is about three screens wide containing much
    > non-alphabetic characters but there is reference to some past pages buried
    > in the mess.
    > clicking history icon opens like:
    > History IE5
    > many dat files

    > How do I get the history to read out like standard IE6 does.

    You can't. The best you could do is use a third-party tool.

    If you're just trying to get a list of visited URLs in another user's profile
    you could copy the path you have in the Address bar then to ClipBoard
    (e.g. press Alt-d,Ctrl-c), switch to a cmd window (aka Command Prompt)
    and type:

    cd /d

    Leave a trailing space after the switch, then right-click Paste
    the path in to complete the change directory command you're building,
    then press Enter.

    So assuming now that your current drive and directory are in
    another user's History.IE5 subdirectory, next Enter:

    find /i "Visited:" index.dat >visited.txt
    and
    notepad visited.txt

    > Yes it is IE6 running for both users but the IE5 reference above is correct.
    > Thank you
    > Mel

    HTH

    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

    Robert Aldwinckle, Mar 29, 2009
  5. shakey

    shakey Guest

    "Robert Aldwinckle" <> wrote in message

    > "shakey" <> wrote in message
    >> When I log on as a user I see a standard set of toolbar icons and the one
    >> for history pulls up the sites visited sorted by day,week etc and
    >> identifies
    >> each.

    >> When I log on as a different user I get a different set of icons which is
    >> strange in itself as I initially set user up and doubt they could
    >> deliberately change it. Anyway the history icon pulls up a numeric list
    >> that
    >> opens to notebook window that is about three screens wide containing much
    >> non-alphabetic characters but there is reference to some past pages
    >> buried
    >> in the mess.
    >> clicking history icon opens like:
    >> History IE5
    >> many dat files

    >> How do I get the history to read out like standard IE6 does.

    > You can't. The best you could do is use a third-party tool.
    >
    > If you're just trying to get a list of visited URLs in another user's
    > profile
    > you could copy the path you have in the Address bar then to ClipBoard
    > (e.g. press Alt-d,Ctrl-c), switch to a cmd window (aka Command Prompt)
    > and type:
    >
    > cd /d
    >
    > Leave a trailing space after the switch, then right-click Paste
    > the path in to complete the change directory command you're building,
    > then press Enter.
    >
    > So assuming now that your current drive and directory are in
    > another user's History.IE5 subdirectory, next Enter:
    >
    > find /i "Visited:" index.dat >visited.txt
    > and
    > notepad visited.txt
    >

    >> Yes it is IE6 running for both users but the IE5 reference above is
    >> correct.
    >> Thank you
    >> Mel

    > HTH
    >
    > Robert Aldwinckle
    > ---

    Thank you Robert for information on getting past sites visited out. You did
    not mention why "You can't. The best you could do is use a third-party
    tool." Main and other users get normal history so what is causing this one
    user to be different and how do I get it to be normal in the future?
    Mel

    shakey, Mar 29, 2009
  6. "shakey" <> wrote in message news:...

    > Thank you Robert for information on getting past sites visited out.

    > You did not mention why "You can't.

    Run... shell:History in each user's logged in session and think about it. ; )

    > The best you could do is use a third-party tool." Main and other users get normal history so

    > what is causing this one user to be different

    What "one user"? You made no implication that you were trying
    to fix a problem, only that you were trying to open someone else's
    History. If you need help please give us your symptoms and not
    just your problems with your self-prescribed resolution attempts.

    HTH

    Robert
    ---

    Robert Aldwinckle, Mar 30, 2009
  7. shakey

    shakey Guest

    Running shell:history produced similar results and gave me no idea's. The
    only thing I can think of is I have admin rights and other user do not.

    Weather you call it fixing a problem or not all I want to do is let other
    users see their history the same way mine shows.

    shakey, Mar 30, 2009