Windows explorer context menu tweak

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here with probably a stupidly easy question. I want to add a shortcut to the context menu (right click menu) of windows explorer, so when I right click anywhere in explorer and select the shortcut, it will run a specific application. How do I do this?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you want it just to run an application, or run the current filename within that application?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I want to be able to click on text in the menu, (eg; Word) and have an .exe run (eg: Microsoft Word opens).

Reaction score
Explained a different way: I want to place the text name for an application (eg: Cleandisk) in my right click menu. Then, when I click on that text, the application opens, (so clicking on the text "cleandisk" in the context menu would open cleanmgr.exe). I don't want to open a file extention with different commands or apps, but actually open an app from the context menu. Thanks!

Ask a Question