Windows Explore default file contents view

G

I want to change my default file contents view from "Icons" to "List". I want this default to cover all files, in every location, no matter what. (For me, the large icons view is disruptive and slows me down when I am trying to locate files. Showing the file contents in "List" form makes it much easier to spot and select.) I can change each individual folder, but this is repetitive, frustrating and slow. There has to be a better way! I'm certain I am not the only one who wants to change the default view.

Would appreciate any constructive suggestions, fixes

Thank

Jerry Gilber
Denver, CO

R

Ramesh [MVP]

Jerry,

Customize a folder. Open Tools > Folder Options > View > Apply to all folders.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

I want to change my default file contents view from "Icons" to "List". I want this default to cover all files, in every location, no matter what. (For me, the large icons view is disruptive and slows me down when I am trying to locate files. Showing the file contents in "List" form makes it much easier to spot and select.) I can change each individual folder, but this is repetitive, frustrating and slow. There has to be a better way! I'm certain I am not the only one who wants to change the default view.

Would appreciate any constructive suggestions, fixes.

Thanks

Jerry Gilbert
Denver, CO

Ask a Question