Windows 10 shutdown black screen

Reaction score
I there I am running windows10 when I click on the power button you have three choices shut down sleep and restart when I press restart the screen says restarting for a few seconds then goes black with four blue squares and just stops the only way to get out is to power off and power back on any help would be appreciated

Regards

Philr

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard @Philr123

Do the 4 blue squares look like this?:

Windows.jpg

Reaction score
I Ian
Left on for over 10mins still have to power off and on again to get startup screen how do I get on to the startup repair screen

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not straight forward to do, but I think the only way to get more info may be to right click the start button, select "event viewer", then browse to "Windows Logs" > "System" and look for any events that are marked with a red "error" icon at the time you are stuck on that screen. Then, could you please copy and paste the text here and I'll take a look. It's not easy to do, but may be the only way we can get the info needed.

I'd also try running a Windows update scan to make sure you're fully patched, as well as making sure your video driver is up to date as Peru Bob suggested.

Reaction score
I Ian

Thanks for all your help but I dont have the expertise to do what your asking I will have to put up with my problem I dont want to make matters worse once again thanks for your help and Peru Bob

Regards

Phil

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you can just use full shutdowns, it's definitely something that can be worked around :). I understand it can be a bit daunting trying to troubleshoot in detail like this.

If it gets worse or you want to try a "fresh start" on your PC to resolve the problem, please do let us know and we can help again :).

Reaction score
Hi Ian
The pc I am using now had my original sdd drive from my old pc fitted can this cause the problem I am having
Regards

Phil

Ask a Question