What Phone should Chris get?

Reaction score
I'm on PAYG with o2 because they offer coverage in more of the UK than other providers.
Chris, haggle with o2 they will not want to loose your business!
My Sister did & ended up with the same contract, but paying £15 a month less!

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
So could I buy a ASDA sim for £2.48 and then use it in my present old Nokia ? Could I transfer my number ?
If I could buy the sim for £2.48 then I guess I could afford the,

Nokia 2630 £57

Slender, yet full of features the sophisticated, easy to use Nokia 2360 will slip comfortably into your pocket. Its VGA camera boasts x4 zoom, and what's more, you won't have to fumble around with this beauty, its dedicated camera key will help you capture life's precious moments at the touch of a button.

You will never be bored with this phone! Keep entertained with your FM radio while playing on one of three pre-installed games. Java support is extra so you can tailor your gaming experience to suit your needs.

Hmmmmm .

Sorry for hijacking Chris.

happywave.gif

YES >If you buy a SIM from ASDA 48p but if you buy £10.00 or £15.00 air time you get a free SIM. Yes you have to unlock the phone on most servers NOT all of them I did not have to do it I just inserted the SIM and away I whentteedded IE if it is with lets say Virgin> tap in the phone on stand by *#06# a number will appear 15 digits > call your service give them that number and they have to release/unlock your phone it can take a week to authorise it Done>>>> NO CHARGE:)

Reaction score
Its no longer a free service for unlocking:mad: But it is not illegal to have a phone shop unlock it for you...

Sorry CP.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
itsme said:
Its no longer a free service for unlocking:mad: But it is not illegal to have a phone shop unlock it for you...

Sorry CP.

Thanks itsme, I'm with Vodafhone and they are the service Asda are using so I think I will give it a try. :thumb:

Good luck with the hunt CP. Haggling is very very good.
happywave.gif

Reaction score
As their is so much competition out their at the moment, ring up your provider tell them your thinking of moving & see what deal they offer you. They will not want to loose you as a customer & you may get a better deal.:thumb:

Reaction score
So I went into Vodafone Cambridge today and had a play with the Blackberry Storm.

And I liked it.

It was nice.

I had a play with a C905 too - it was also nice, but not as impressive as the storm.

You have to sign up for a 2 year contract to get the Storm for free on the £35pm tariff though. Hm.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
So I went into Vodafone Cambridge today and had a play with the Blackberry Storm.

And I liked it.

It was nice.

I had a play with a C905 too - it was also nice, but not as impressive as the storm.

You have to sign up for a 2 year contract to get the Storm for free on the £35pm tariff though. Hm.

Chris mate, stay with O2....Voda are crap, unless for bussiness...At the end of the day as you have said, when you're home O2 is better tahn Voda...Who cares about the phone..Yeah we all want a super duper camera, sure you have a few decent camera's....? See waht i'm aiming at...? A phone is for making calls, all te extra's are grand..But at the end of the day, although they might cost extra, you can get the rest..iPod, etc...

Reaction score
I was really just after the email side of things. I quite like the idea of having email ping straight to my phone.

The HTC Touch HD looks tasty...

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I was really just after the email side of things. I quite like the idea of having email ping straight to my phone.

The HTC Touch HD looks tasty...

Well most decent mobiles have push messaging now....SE have had it for years....

Reaction score
It's not quite the same though. Not having an unlimited data bundle would make things expensive too.

Have seen potentially a quite good deal on Mobiles.co.uk (owned by CPW) and they are doing the HTC Touch HD on O2 for £35 a month, with cashback. If you go through Quidco I believe you get £40 rebate on it too.

Will go and have a play with one today.

Reaction score
htc-touch-hd-02.jpg

Not yet.

But looking at buying it possibly tonight.

I went into the orange store to play with it. They can offer me the following:

£35 per month for 24 months with no data bundle, Free handset. 600 minutes Unlim textage.
£45 per month for 18 months with 500mb data bundle, £50 handset cost. 1200 minutes Unlim textage.

OR

(Bear with the mathematics)

Mobiles.co.uk will do the following:

O2 18 month contract.

£35 per month for 600 minutes and Unlimited Texts
Free Handset
Now I would add an unlimited data bundle to that - at £7.50 per month.
That would mean I'll be paying £42.50 per month.

However, the following also applies to the deal:

5 Months Half Price Line Rental (totals at £87.50 savings)
£40 cashback through Quidco
And to wrap it up nicely, I found a discount code for a free bluetooth headset.

So the line rental per month * 18 = 630

If we less the £87.50 saving through the half price rental AND also the £40 through Quidco

That leaves the cost at £27.91 per month.

I then add the data bundle at £7.50 per month which puts me back at £35.41

So - this means I can stay with O2 (I would need to change my number though) and I can go for an 18 month contract not a 24 month contract and I get a free bluetooth headset and unlimited data.

It's only O2 and Orange available - and this deal works out LODAS better.

It's an increbible phone too. Everything is smooth, outlook looks good and the screen blows you away.

It's a winner I think. The C905 just didn't do it for me when I played with it.

Reaction score
The O2 one looks great...Why can't you keep your old number...Surely it should be transferable as you're already with O2...??Nice phone to, just watched a demo on Youtube..

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
stick a link up for that demo would ya MadX..:nod:

Looks like a nice phone Chris...You use quidco then! not many around that even know about it..;)

Reaction score
Theres one here:

I've just ordered it

BUT

My car is registered to Hampshire and they say they will only deliver to the billing address.

I've put my Cambs address in and tried it - order confirmed but it will PROBABLY get cancelled when they credit check me.

Reaction score
I can't keep my number because you can't port your number from an O2 Contract to another O2 contract.

You can do PAYG > Contract or T-Mobile (etc) Contract > O2 Contract

Shame.

I could port my existing number to O2 PAYG, and then port to the new Contract with Mobiles.co.uk though...

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I could port my existing number to O2 PAYG, and then port to the new Contract with Mobiles.co.uk though...

Pain in the arse having to do it that way though...

Reaction score
I just phoned O2 to get my current SIM transferred to PAYG so that I can keep the number incase anyone texts me on it.

I spoke to the retentions team, and they said don't do that - "you have accumalated enough loyalty points that we can offer you a £25 a month tariff for free, for 12 months. 75 Xnet Anytime minutes and 250 texts per month, for nothing at all"

Superb! Means I have a FREE contract for a year!

Ask a Question