Upgraded my cell phone contract - got a new phone!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yesterday was helping my friend when he asked me to guide him in getting a new phone by extending the contract for another two years. I told him that I had short listed the Motorola Cliq 2 for my next upgrade and he should consider it for himself.

He liked the phone and went for it. While at the store and getting his paper work done I was toying with the phone and realized it was way too good compared to the Blackberry Curve 8520 I was using. I fell for it and extended my contract for another two years as well.:fool: The screen is just gorgeous and easy to read not to mention the phone compared to my BB was blazing fast. :eek:

I am still getting used to it and trying to customize it for my liking. Here are a couple of pics of the phone. I will take some pics later and post them if anyone shows interest. ;)

Motorola Cliq 2

Attachments

• motorola-cliq-2-ofic-1.jpg
    motorola-cliq-2-ofic-1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 411
  • motorola-cliq-2-ofic-2.jpg
    motorola-cliq-2-ofic-2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 307

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That looks very nice indeed Quad, with an excellent array of "bells and whistles" too. :thumb: Hope you will get lots of good service and enjoyment from it. :nod:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
That looks very nice indeed Quad, with an excellent array of "bells and whistles" too. :thumb: Hope you will get lots of good service and enjoyment from it. :nod:

It's the damn bells and whistles that I am trying to get the hang of :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Haha, couldn't resist eh? :lol:

Looks like a good phone - I've not tried that one before, but I quite like the fact that you have a proper keyboard.

I just had a look at the specs (here) and can see why you went for it. Looks good :).

Reaction score
:)I am a simple man and unfortunately I do not like bells and whistles as they are too complicated for me:confused:. I am glad you like your phone though Quad and I am sure you will get your head around its little foibles:thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I went for it for the following reasons:

1. Large screen which is easy to read
  2. Need not carry my laptop at all as it gives me decent speed on the internet for those occasional needs, e-mail is of course important which was there with the old phone but not the browsing.
  3. Built-in GPS which is Google based so no need to update maps and carrying a GPS unit
  4. This android phone is basically geared towards business users so I get good support for that too.
  5. Call quality is one of the best when it comes to Android phones.
  6. It has software built-in for editing and viewing docs
There are many other features and apps but not sure if I would use most of them. All in all this phone looks like a good upgrade.

I just updated the latest software which was released just this week and the first for this phone. Apparently this improves upon quiet a few things including battery life, smoother browsing, faster processing of widgets etc.

Ask a Question