What do you use for clipboard extendability

prospero33

I'm very enthusiastic about CLCL. It stores any number of items copied
to the clipboard, has the capacity to make any item a permanent
template, and even allows you to launch programs with hotkeys.
You can find it at www.nakka.com. Some of the first page is in
Japanese, but click on "Software" and you'll find it.

Susan Bugher

prospero33 said:
I'm very enthusiastic about CLCL. It stores any number of items copied
to the clipboard, has the capacity to make any item a permanent
template, and even allows you to launch programs with hotkeys.
You can find it at www.nakka.com. Some of the first page is in
Japanese, but click on "Software" and you'll find it.

and there's some info about using CLCL in ACF's wiki:

http://acfwiki.pbwiki.com/index.php?wiki=0110

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Roger Johansson

nt4-ever said:
Mike Lin's Clip Clipomatic.exe
iirc it saves only the text format

I always preferred YankeeClipper3 before.
Now people talk about CLCL, soI just tried it,
and found that I still prefer YC3

I am curious, why do you prefer CLCL?
What's better in that program, I must have
missed something, maybe.

prospero33

Roger Johansson wrote:
"I always preferred YankeeClipper3 before.
Now people talk about CLCL, soI just tried it,
and found that I still prefer YC3

I am curious, why do you prefer CLCL?
What's better in that program, I must have
missed something, maybe. "

The ease of use does it for me. Just left or right clicking on the icon
in the system tray (it's configurable) puts all the saved clips,
temporary and permanent, on view, and clicking on any clip pastes it to
the document or form. For YC, if I remember rightly, one has to open
the main window to find the needed clip.

SlayFinger

prospero33 said:
Roger Johansson wrote:
"I always preferred YankeeClipper3 before.
Now people talk about CLCL, soI just tried it,
and found that I still prefer YC3

I am curious, why do you prefer CLCL?
What's better in that program, I must have
missed something, maybe. "

The ease of use does it for me. Just left or right clicking on the icon
in the system tray (it's configurable) puts all the saved clips,
temporary and permanent, on view, and clicking on any clip pastes it to
the document or form. For YC, if I remember rightly, one has to open
the main window to find the needed clip.

This can do that too and I like it better than even clipmate.
http://ditto-cp.sourceforge.net/

Querulantus

Roger Johansson said:
I am curious, why do you prefer CLCL?
What's better in that program, I must have
missed something, maybe.

- It's also a program launcher
- Permanent and temporary clips (I presume others have that too)
- High degree of configurability
- Different hotkeys for different sets of clips or program launch
menus
- Stores pictures and text
- Basic operations are very simple
- Does not require a lot of resources

However, because there is no manual or help file you have to figure
out the less obvious features and configuration options yourself, and
experiment a bit.

Q.

Roger Johansson

- It's also a program launcher
- Permanent and temporary clips (I presume others have that too)
- High degree of configurability
- Different hotkeys for different sets of clips or program launch
menus
- Stores pictures and text
- Basic operations are very simple
- Does not require a lot of resources
However, because there is no manual or help file you have to figure
out the less obvious features and configuration options yourself, and
experiment a bit.

Yes, I think the judgement is correct, CLCL is better than YC3.

I tried a few more now, and Ditto seems to work and could be something,
didn't test much though. One of the other suggestions could only handle
text, cannot remember which.

Unless something better shows up I'd say CLCL wins, as several of you
already knew, obviously.

Roger Johansson

Roger said:
Unless something better shows up I'd say CLCL wins, as several of you
already knew, obviously.

I tried installing the extra tools, or what they are.
Very confusing.

I could install the rtf and the meta dll's but I have no idea what they
do.

Aren't they installed from the beginning?

When trying to install the text dll I get an error message, procedure
could not be found, something.

And the utl dll, what is that for? What formats should it be installed
for?

Roger Johansson

Roger said:
I tried installing the extra tools, or what they are.
Very confusing.
I could install the rtf and the meta dll's but I have no idea what they
do.

I have now seen that there are 10 choices of formats for the rich
textclip I just looked at. Before there where only 4 choices for every
clip in CLCL.

So that's where some of the tools have gone.
And the utl dll, what is that for? What formats should it be installed
for?

Trying to reply to myself. Probably for all formats. (?)

Still confusing, would love to see an explanation.

Mike Bourke

Querulantus said:
- It's also a program launcher
- Permanent and temporary clips (I presume others have that too)
- High degree of configurability
- Different hotkeys for different sets of clips or program launch
menus
- Stores pictures and text
- Basic operations are very simple
- Does not require a lot of resources

However, because there is no manual or help file you have to figure
out the less obvious features and configuration options yourself, and
experiment a bit.

Q.

In other words, the only differences between CLCL and YC3 are (1) that it
launches programs, and (2) that there is no help file.

I for one don't like the idea of anything that can launch programs from the
clipboard - I can see too many ways that this functionality might be
exploited by people cleverer than I. If I want a program launcher, there are
dozens of them around. So IMHO, this list of functions adds up to a
reccommendation for YC3, and not an endorsement of CLCL. That might change
if someone whose figured out the program writes a reasonable hints/help file
for it, even if it's unofficial. What good is functionality if you don't
know that you've got it - or how to use it?

Mike Bourke

nt4-ever

no one here has posted some feature
that i would go away from:
Mike Lin's Clip Clipomatic.exe
http://mlin.net/Clipomatic.shtml
http://www.mlin.net/files/Clipomatic20.zip 96kB

ie do Any of these have the ability
to have in a permanent clipset the
definable in permanent clipset:
%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S --> 2005/11/21 18:39:00
ie i use that feature a lot .. pasting
current date time into docs ??

((beware saw on some other group where someone
lost ability to type the small "c" character from their
keyboard; turned out they had installed and removed
some of these clipboard managers ..))

:rod-sacramento

Mike Bourke

nt4-ever said:
no one here has posted some feature
that i would go away from:
Mike Lin's Clip Clipomatic.exe
http://mlin.net/Clipomatic.shtml
http://www.mlin.net/files/Clipomatic20.zip 96kB

ie do Any of these have the ability
to have in a permanent clipset the
definable in permanent clipset:
%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S --> 2005/11/21 18:39:00
ie i use that feature a lot .. pasting
current date time into docs ??

((beware saw on some other group where someone
lost ability to type the small "c" character from their
keyboard; turned out they had installed and removed
some of these clipboard managers ..))

:rod-sacramento

While YC3 would let you assign the string %Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S to a
boilerplate, it won't interpret it for you. If the word processor or other
software can handle that conversion ie interprets those characters
appropriately, then no problem.

Mike

Mike