webenhancer

Reaction score
So I guess we got this virus or something on our famil comp and its called webenhancer...its makes these pop ups happen and changed our backdrop on the computer. When I ran norton virus it said it got rid of it. But its still happening. When I try to run system restore and error message comes up saying. The application or DLL c:\WINDOWS\system32\hlink.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against you installation diskette. Which I don't actully have cuz I bought it from best buy and they have all the stuff. Please help my aunt is having a nervous break down and I wanna fix it for her.

Reaction score
Hello,

Please download Kaspersky AV trail here, let it run and remove anything it finds, then reboot and download Super Anti Spyware here, run it and delete anything it frinds. Then reboot and see what happens. Did you download or install anything before this started?

Regards.

Wizkid

Reaction score
actully no this webenhancer thing opened up on its own while I was using a myspace chatroom...and then bam I ran norton and here I am.

Reaction score
Sorry to say this but norton is not much good, at detecting and removing Viurs, So please download Kaspersky AV and remove norton before you install Kaspersky

Reaction score
wait but what about my other problem with the bad image ddl thingy and the fact that crap keeps popping up...which btw is ironically some add for spyware and virus software.....>.<

Reaction score
I would say that its linked to this. Please try what I have suggested to you and then we can see if it corrects the problem. :thumb:

Reaction score
myspace chatroom

As has happened twice this week on this forum.
I will say this AGAIN stay away from myspace chatroom it brings nothing but problems> the same goes for MSMmesenger:wave:

Reaction score
So I ran Sper antispyware on my aunts comp and it cleared most of it all up and its running WAY better now. its not all gone now...stipp getting a few random pop ups and I had to change the background from the weird ativirus thingy that said "click here to protect your comp" ty so much for the help guys =3

Reaction score
Did you download Kaspersky aswell? PLease try spy bot as well to remove spyware form the system.

Regards,

Wizkid

Reaction score
After you have done what Ian, has said and if you are still having problems. I would go and either get Kaspersky AV or IS or if you want free stuff then Anti Viur, AVG 8 Avast are all good few programs.

Ask a Question