WCG Stats Tuesday 10 October 2023

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yes! And I see that when trying to access their forums, it comes back with a "System Error" message, so that has ceased to work again too. Looks like the rubber band has snapped big time again. 🥱

I'm hoping that the fact that the system is down is a sign that they are actively fixing the problem.

You have to be optimistic some of the time. :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
A few new WUs and, I think, a few older ones validated but I'm still getting close to running out again. :mad::mad:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Going a little off-topic here @nivrip, but just wanted to say that I hope you and yours are all safe. Looks like Babet is causing a load of flooding and disruption in Yorkshire, so hope you are okay? All the best. :wave:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Lots of wind and rain here but nothing really serious. Luckily we live at the top of a hill so all the water flows away from us. :D

WUs seem to be running again. :)

But for how long?

Just noticed that the WCG website is down yet again. :(

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Lots of wind and rain here but nothing really serious. Luckily we live at the top of a hill so all the water flows away from us. :D

WUs seem to be running again. :)

But for how long?

Just noticed that the WCG website is down yet again. :(
I'm glad to hear that you're on high ground @nivrip. Looks like some pretty serious flooding affecting some unfortunate folk. :nod:

Yessss! We have some WUs again! But what the heck has happened to the website again? They don't seem to be having much luck right now. 🙃

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I really despair - the WCG website is still down. :mad::mad:

At least Storm Babet has passed and it's very still and sunny here. But cold.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I really despair - the WCG website is still down. :mad::mad:

At least Storm Babet has passed and it's very still and sunny here. But cold.
Yes niv, I have lots of WUs at the moment, but everything else appears to be down, so not sure if they're going to be validated, etc. 🤷‍♀️

We're enjoying some sunshine today too, after a very gloomy few days. Can't really complain though, because the brunt of Babet missed us. It was windy, with a few heavy downpours, so thankful for that. :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Can't think of anything else to say about WCG - well,nothing that I can put on here anyway. :rolleyes:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Can't think of anything else to say about WCG - well,nothing that I can put on here anyway. :rolleyes:
🤣 Yes niv, before the forums went down (again) I noticed there were a few remarks by other jaded crunchers.

One question that comes to mind is whether our efforts are actually achieving anything? Or, are the frequent system problems messing-up the usefulness of the WUs?

I want to be positive and all of that, but they don't exactly contact us to reassure us that all is otherwise well and, our completed WUs are unaffected, etc. 🦇

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, things seem to be running "normally" again. And, I notice that many of my WUs have been validated (but not all). The History section seems to indicate that lot and lots of points have been added to our totals.

Trouble is that I've lost all faith in Krembil and am simply waiting for the next breakdown. :cry:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
More WUs seem to have been validated since yesterday. :thumb:

And WCG website seems to suggest that we are getting points for work done. :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
More WUs seem to have been validated since yesterday. :thumb:

And WCG website seems to suggest that we are getting points for work done. :thumb:
Sshhhhhh... 🤫 Not so loud! You know the machinery is fragile.😂

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry guys, it looks like WCG have pulled the plug on XML stats for some reason, so I can't get the auto-generated stats pages working anymore :(. This has happed a couple of times before and then it reappears, so I'll leave the script running and we can keep our fingers crossed.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sorry guys, it looks like WCG have pulled the plug on XML stats for some reason, so I can't get the auto-generated stats pages working anymore :(. This has happed a couple of times before and then it reappears, so I'll leave the script running and we can keep our fingers crossed.
Thanks so much for the heads-up @Ian. I'm not really surprised to hear that something else has ceased to work. Don't really want to be too snarky, but wow! They certainly seem to be having a lot of problems this year. 🦇🦇

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Things seem to be running again but I have a huge number of WUs showing in Results, many now validated but not being removed from the list. :confused:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Things seem to be running again but I have a huge number of WUs showing in Results, many now validated but not being removed from the list. :confused:
Yes, the crunching part is fine again, but, I have a lot of results which are "pending" and many "validated" WUs. I'm guessing that they're all in a bit of a flummox following the recent problems. :confused:

Ask a Question