WCG Stats Tuesday 10 October 2023

Reaction score
WCG Daily Team Stats - 

Today's stats for
Tuesday 10th October 2023 
                                         New         New  |            Total      Total    CPU Time
+/- #    Member Name                   Points    Results  |           Points    Results   Yr:Mo:Day
=== ==== ======================  ============  =========  |  ===============  =========  ==========

=== ==== ======================  ============  =========  |  ===============  =========  ==========
                                          New        New  |            Total      Total   Team Time
                                       Points    Results  |           Points    Results   Yr:Mo:Day
                                 ------------  ---------  |  ---------------  ---------  ----------
Team Total                       -1,462,444,165  -3,252,822  |                0          0       0:0:0
                                 ============  =========  |  ===============  =========  ==========

Team Rank 

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ooops.......... :rolleyes:

I see that the Team's New Points is in minus territory. :eek:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ooops.......... :rolleyes:

I see that the Team's New Points is in minus territory. :eek:
Yes, @nivrip, that's a bit odd. Nothing appears to be "stuck" but, it does say (in the log) that servers might be temporarily down. Hmm... 🕵️‍♀️ The game is afoot, my dear Watson! :lol::wave:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Crunching and up and downloading seem OK but still no access to WCG. :mad:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Crunching and up and downloading seem OK but still no access to WCG. :mad:
Yes @nivrip, same here. My job cache is full and crunching is otherwise normal, so I guess there will be a shedload of points when they eventually catch-up with themselves. 🙄

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Must be something serious - WCG still not available. :confused:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Must be something serious - WCG still not available. :confused:
@nivrip, they have apparently "identified the problems underlying the current website outage" and they say they are working with the data centre to resolve the issue - according to their Facebook blurb. (I don't actually "do" FB, but it allows me to see the WCG message. Lucky me ☺️)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, I can now log in to WCG but all the info only runs till 09/10/2023. :eek:

Also, I am, now, not receiving new WUs and am in danger of running out soon. :mad:

It's clearly not right yet. :mad:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Well, I can now log in to WCG but all the info only runs till 09/10/2023. :eek:

Also, I am, now, not receiving new WUs and am in danger of running out soon. :mad:

It's clearly not right yet. :mad:
Right now, my WU cache is full, but I expect they will run out by tomorrow.

Did you happen to see this message on their FB page?

"As announced on Wednesday, we identified an issue preventing the normal operation of the website and website database. During recovery efforts, it was discovered that the virtual disk containing daily database backups had failed due to the ongoing data center outage. Fortunately, the data on this virtual drive remained intact. However, the failed virtual drive has been preventing the database server from rebooting. We expect that this issue will be resolved by Monday." (Source: https://www.facebook.com/worldcommunitygrid.org/?locale=en_GB)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Just about to run out of WUs in the next 4 hours.

I notice that the vast majority of uploaded WUs are now "Pending."

Fingers crossed for resolution today. :mad:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just about to run out of WUs in the next 4 hours.

I notice that the vast majority of uploaded WUs are now "Pending."

Fingers crossed for resolution today. :mad:
Yes, me too, will run out of WUs in a few hours. ☹️

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Nice to see that the WUs are back but there must still be problems at WCG because nearly all the completed tasks are still Pending Validation. And here at PCR there are no figures for the last week.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Nice to see that the WUs are back but there must still be problems at WCG because nearly all the completed tasks are still Pending Validation. And here at PCR there are no figures for the last week.
Yes niv, same for me. It will be interesting to see whether they are eventually validated, or will be messed-up by the recent outages.

I don't know whether I'm just being particularly negative, but compared to the WCG we all knew and loved before "Crumble" came into existence, they sure have a lot of problems now. 🙄

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, WUs running down again, possibly only a day's supply left. And completed WUs still not getting validated.

Over a week now. :(:mad:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Well, WUs running down again, possibly only a day's supply left. And completed WUs still not getting validated.

Over a week now. :(:mad:
Yes! And I see that when trying to access their forums, it comes back with a "System Error" message, so that has ceased to work again too. Looks like the rubber band has snapped big time again. 🥱

Ask a Question