VPN

Reaction score
Just a general question....Do all you guys out there invest in a VPN and which would you recommend regarding both security and cost?
Do they have any issues regarding performance etc?
I'm not aware of any issues myself without a VPN, but wondered if it was a safeguard I should get.

Reaction score
Just a general question....Do all you guys out there invest in a VPN and which would you recommend regarding both security and cost?
Do they have any issues regarding performance etc?
I'm not aware of any issues myself without a VPN, but wondered if it was a safeguard I should get.
At the company where I work, we use Pulse Secure with 2 factor authentication MobilePASS from ANSecurity. Once set up it is a great product and very reliable and secure.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I am using SurfShark on my pc, and andrioid phone and a Amazon Fire stick. Only using it on a linux pc and I had to craft a couple of scripts to change countrys as I am using Arch. It apparently works well on Debian based pc's with Network Manager. Works well on the phone too.

:cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
ProtonVPN Review

ProtonVPN Review

ProtonVPN Free

ProtonVPN Free version doesn’t have any data caps and is free forever. Of course, the downside is that it restricts you to 1 connection with the same account. This is easily bypassable by using a separate account on each device, which you could also do.

You can choose from servers in 3 countries, and your speeds will be pretty bad. Yet as a free service, that’s quite a solid package that will protect your privacy. Sure, if you won’t be able to unblock Netflix, customer support agent’s won’t help you out. Regardless, we’ve managed to unblock it even on the free package.

Free users can only connect to servers in Japan, The Netherlands, and the United States. So, you get some coverage, although all options are equally bad for users in South Africa. It’s also the only plan that doesn’t have P2P servers.

Has anyone tried out the FREE version of ProtonVPN ? :cool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
PIA is running an offer at the mo, £65 for 3 years, works out at £21 a year. Just resigned as my current plan ends at the end of Aug.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Not tried it yet, but I'm very suspicious of free VPNs - especially for unlimited bandwidth. Are they a well known VPN company? I don't know too much about VPN providers these days.

That is just their FREE offering. Yes they are a well respected outfit. They do a mail service too. :cool:

Ask a Question