Recomended commercial all in one antivirus/maleware/email exchange solution

Reaction score
Hello there can any one advise/recommend any tried and tested commercial anti virus products that run well on the likes of Microsoft Small Business 2008/2011 with MS exchange?
A friend of mine has been using Trend worry free advanced security versions 7 and above without much success as not catching for example Crypt o-locker
and is also having performance issues on SBS for example he believes that Trend Scan Mail is causing hang ups

Any suggestions or recommendations would most appreciated and thanks in advanced.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
yeah, sorry, but ...

No AV will protect you from YOU installing malware!

Linux cannot 'run' Windows' nasties. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
The AV software which is consistently top-rated by reviewers, (such as This One) appears to be "Bitdefender Antivirus Plus" (I know the free version of Bitdefender has also been recommended for home PC security too, elsewhere on this forum.)

A comparison HERE and review HERE.

Hope the linkies will help. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'll just say one thing...

...paying hard earned cash for any of these products does not neccessarily make it better.

It may be psychologically comforting thinking that parting with readies makes something superior but it is not so.

Get a freebie and bung twenty quid to the RSPCA or summat, much better spent ;)

Reaction score
:DThanks for the comments guys, but we are talking about commercial businesses with servers and up to 20 to 30 PC's. :thumb:Thank you Abarbarian I have passed the info you sent me on to my friend (who is a member but is to idle to ask the question himself) his excuse is that he works all day sorting out customers problems so likes to get away from PC's in the evenings:confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
hmmm, not a very 'professional' company, are they?

:user:

Reaction score
hmmm, not a very 'professional' company, are they?

:user:
My thoughts exatly the owner seems to make technical decisions without reference to the technical staff who are better qualified than he is and basically he is a salesman and promises things that are difficult to honer and expects staff to get him out of a hole. Also they have two much business than the staff can handle, wing and a prayer comes to mind.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
:DThanks for the comments guys, but we are talking about commercial businesses with servers and up to 20 to 30 PC's. :thumb:Thank you Abarbarian I have passed the info you sent me on to my friend (who is a member but is to idle to ask the question himself) his excuse is that he works all day sorting out customers problems so likes to get away from PC's in the evenings:confused:

Bitdefender Small Office Security is intended for commercial use (5 users, £94.50, right up to 50 users, £1,140 currently.)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, re: my earlier comments.

I didn't grasp the fact it was for commercial use and for the next 24 hours I am wearing my Prize Bozo Crown. It's pink and made of tin foil, it's luvverly.

This firm has too much work have they? What do they do? Wanna bung some my way? Me drill's all charged up and my screwdriver honed, ready to go I am :)

Reaction score
Ah, re: my earlier comments.

I didn't grasp the fact it was for commercial use and for the next 24 hours I am wearing my Prize Bozo Crown. It's pink and made of tin foil, it's luvverly.

This firm has too much work have they? What do they do? Wanna bung some my way? Me drill's all charged up and my screwdriver honed, ready to go I am :)

:D:D:DYou will rely look cool in your Prize Bonzo Crown hat, and I am sure my mate could do with your help with your drill & screwdriver but you left out the hammer that always comes in handy when there is an emergency or you lose your temper when things are not going right:bow::D:lol::thumb::dance::wall::eek:

Ask a Question