Vista Sound Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could please help me on this sometimes when I change users on Vista or sometimes when I log in to vista I dont seem to get any start up sounds I have the latest Sound Card Drivers installed for Vista I have also made sure that it is all set up right in sounds in Vista and erverthing seems ok in there aswell. The only offer option I can think of is to perform a repair install of Vista .

Can you please advise me on the above.

Thanks Again,

wizkid

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What sound device are you using? Onboard sound or a seperate sound card?

And knowing which motherboard/soundcard you have may help.

Can you please advise me on the above.

Thank you.

I remain, your humble servant

Lord Floppington De Floppicus

Second Earl of Battersea.

Reaction score
Any Ideas on this one?? I get no sound when I change uesrs even though the sound iss check to come on when I change users?

Thanks,

wizkid

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I know there are issues between Creative soundcards and Vista, if you've read my thread about my Vista experience you'll note I have a problem too.

Change users, go into the Creative console and switch from 5.1 sound to 7.1 sound and back again. Or whatever setup you're using to 7.1 etc.

Then see if the sound works.

Other than that, assuming you have the latest Creative drivers, I have not a clue.

Reaction score
Hi, Flops

Thanks for the reply.

I am going to put this down to the creative drivers because when I go into files and folders I here a poping noise and not the normal windows sound. Reinstalling Vista wouldent fix this would it?

Thanks anyway.

wizkid

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reinstalling Vista probably won't help.

Downloading the latest Creative Drivers and/or Console software; uninstalling current Creative drivers/console then installing or reinstalling Creative drivers/console may help.

Also, when you install drivers & software, unplug your speaker leads. The software may prompt you to connect the leads with a 'wizard'. Follow the instructions, it may help.

If no prompts appear, just reconnect leads.

Ask a Question