Vista Outlook Express queries

M

MS

Hi all,

I just bought a big Vista Home Premium pre-installed machine which I am about to unpack and install.

Before I am trying the impossible -- Is it true that
a.. Vista's new Windows MAil does NOT support Identities (I am using 5 on one user account currently)
b.. Outlook Express 6 (supporting Identities) nor IE6 will run on Vista?
c.. When converting MSOE directories from the old machine it loses its maildirectory tree in WM, so all my 9.000+ businessmessages end up garbled?
d.. New IE 7 has tabbed browsing similar to Maxthon Browser?
e.. Maxthon Browser will not work on IE7?

Curious,

Maria

J

Julian

Hi all,

I just bought a big Vista Home Premium pre-installed machine which I am about to unpack and install.

a.. Vista's new Windows MAil does NOT support Identities (I am using 5 on one user account currently)
c.. When converting MSOE directories from the old machine it loses its maildirectory tree in WM, so all my 9.000+ businessmessages end up garbled?

Curious,

Maria

It seems strange that you ask such questions AFTER buying the pc.

G

It would seem logical to assume you could use multi accounts. Each would have
its own name and password, hince seperate accounts by all rights. I run a
Juno and a Gmail account both on Windows mail. When I check mail, it logs
into each one at a time and downloads the mail. No problems so far as I can
see.

G

Gary VanderMolen

a. Correct, no identities.
b. Correct, no OE or IE6.
c. I don't know how the emails from different Identities are imported, but I used Vista's Windows Easy Transfer to transfer
everything from my single OE6 identity to Windows Mail, and all mail was properly arranged in the custom folders and sub-folders.
d. Yes. IE7 has tabbed browsing.
e. I don't use Maxthon, so I don't know.

Gary VanderMolen

Hi all,

c.. When converting MSOE directories from the old machine it loses its maildirectory tree in WM, so all my 9.000+
businessmessages end up garbled?

Curious,

Maria

M

MS

Hi all,

Steve Cochran kindly offered this elegant solution, which seems exactly what I need.

Trust this is helpful information to you all.

Ciao, Maria

"Steve Cochran" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht Vista comes with Windows Mail which OE with a new database. They did remove the Identities feature, but I added it back with my WMIDs program (www.oehelp.com/WMIDs/).

You can't, however, use OE in Vista. That won't work at all.

See the WinMail information here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 and also www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm

steve

"MS" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht Hi all,

Curious,

Maria

Ask a Question