Video

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The 8800GT is excellent by all accounts - and your board can handle it :thumb:

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reply Adywebb.

I noticed that the card that I listed above is SLI ready but my board supports ATI Crossfire would this be a problem or not? What do you think of the clock speeds of the Video Card.

I would be most grateful if you could please let me know.

Thanks,

wizkid

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
That card as you say supports SLi - ie. you can run 2 cards together on an SLi board - yours board supports Crossfire, so you will not be able to run 2 of these cards together - only ATi cards.

Therefore you are fine if you only want to run one, but if you are considering running 2 then you need to look for an SLi board.

Clock speeds for that card? - by all accounts they are very good.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have looked at some reviews on OC UK and one of them says that the card overheats is this a common problem with Video cards thses days?

Could you please advise me on this.

Thanks,

wizkid

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Due to the high performance of these latest cards, they all run pretty hot - whether it overheats is going to be down to whether you OC/max it out and how good your card and case cooling is.

Reaction score
Hi Adywebb,

Thanks for the reply.

I will see how things go and if it overheats then I will get a biger colling fan for the case.

Will this card beable to play all the latest games and run them in 1260 by 1024 resoulution with out any jerks or problems in the past I have had this with my ATI x1600pro and I am looking to buy a card that will not do this.

Also where sall I get the drviers from BFG'S or Nvidia's web site.

I would me most grateful if you could please let me know.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
These cards for the money are unbeatable! :)

regarding the temps, yes they run hot, hotter than my GTX with its big cooler. This is because of the small 'one slot cooler' they use and because the fan is default to only 29% speed. You can use Rivatuner to up the fan speed if you wish which will greatly improve the temps of the card. ;)

Yes you should have no probs at that res with that card.

Get the drivers from the Nvidia website, I am currently using the 169.04 Betas and they give very good performance.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/home.html

:)

Reaction score
Hi V_R

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please let me know where I can download the 169.04 betas from I had a look on Nvidia web site but could not find the drivers you listed above.

Also when I get the card what sall I do remove all ATI software + Drivers or do a clean install of XP

Will this card be able to run
Tomb Raider Legend in next gen Graphics

I would be most grateful if you could please let me know.g

Thanks,

wizkid

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You can download the 169.04 beta drivers from Guru3D if you can't find them at Nvidia's site, which I couldn't :confused:

Beware though, a couple of us have had problems with them, they are Beta drivers after all and as such may not work well for every system. See this thread here

I'd expect that Tomb Raider Legend will run easily with that card but I don't know for sure, what are the minimum specs for the game to run?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
wizkid if you use the dropdown box where it says 'download drivers' you will see you can click on 'BETA Drivers' ;) - looks like the latest is now 169.09.

Just remove the ATi software and drivers - no need to re-install XP.

The 8800GT is the latest model and it will be fine with Tomb Raider etc.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
wizkid said:
Could you please let me know where I can download the 169.04 betas from I had a look on Nvidia web site but could not find the drivers you listed above.

Also when I get the card what sall I do remove all ATI software + Drivers or do a clean install of XP?
Yes, download the 169.04's from here.

Flops, That was the 169.09 you had probs with. ;)

When you get the new card, Install 'Driver Cleaner Pro' uninstall the old drivers, Reboot in safe mode, run DCP, reboot, install new drivers, reboot. Done. :)

Not played Tomb Raider myself, but the 8800GT's will run Crysis no worries so i would think that TR will be fine.

:)

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys.

I am going to order it soon.

Can someone please tell me where I can get a DVI adpator from so that I can use a normal blue VGA cable on it.

Thanks,

wizkid

Reaction score
V_R

What speeds do you think that I should set the fan when I get it.

Could you please let me know.

Thanks,

wizkid

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
See how it goes, seems around 70% is enough going by what i've read. :)

A good guide to fan settings in RT can be found here. If your not confident using RT then you can also change the fan speeds with Ntune. Although you wont have quite as much 'tweakability' as with RT. :)

Ask a Question