New components

Reaction score
I need to replace my current ATI X800gto as it cant handle games as i use a 24" monitor which runs @ 1920x1200. I also need some cooling components, a 120mm fan as my current one is so noisey and the cpu cooler as i intend to oc my e6400 so wanna keep the whole system nice and cool.

I have a options for each which i have narrowed it down to, hopefully you can help me choose or suggest better ones.

Graphics Card (Budget:£250)

BFG 8800gts 640mb OC2
Leadtek 8800gts 640mb

Is it worth paying the extra £30 for the OC2?

CPU Cooler: (Budget:£35)

Tuniq tower 120
Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
Scythe Ninja Plus Rev.B

120mm fans (Budget:£15)

Noctua NF-S12 1200RPM
Scythe S-FLEX 1200RPM
Nexus 19.2 dBA

I need as many opinions and suggestions as possible.

Thanks everyone
smile.gif

Reaction score
I'd go for BFG, since you get a years warranty, which is imense, and a t-shirt! :p (Saves you overclocking yourself also)

Thermalright Ultra, i've heard nothing but amazing reviews about this, and i am getting one soon too.

Noctua is the fan i'm guessing people will say, so go for that one mate.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You get lifetime warrenty with the BFG cards. But tbh, whos gonna have a card that long?!

The Leadtek or BFG will be fine, and you can overclock the cards way higher than the factory oc's with Rivatuner, especially if you set the fan upto 100%. ;)

The TT ultra is awesome, been toying with the idea of one of those for a while..... That or the 120mm Noctua will be grand.

The Noctua fans are good, the Scythe S-Flex are good too, but get the 1600RPM ones rather than the 1200RPM ones, they are no louder, but better airflow.

:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I can vouch for the Noctua 120mm 1200rpm fan, is good and it's quiet.

Will also aprove of the Noctua cooler as well, it's very very good indeed :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies :)

The only other problem i have is whether or not the cpu cooler will fit in the thermal take tsunami dream. I had a quick measure up and there should me a few mm's to spare, but the side fan might have to come out as i dont think the cooler will fit.

Ask a Question