VGA silencer, where are they?

Reaction score
hi, this is my first post....

i have a radeon sapphire Atlantis 9800 pro, its a great card, but after playing cs source or any demanding game for a couple of hours it gets incredibly hot. Ive been looking for an VGA silencer rev. 3 or a VGA silencer 1 rev.2.

i want to know where to get one, they seem to not excist anywhere. All the sites say they dont sell them any more or have sold out, so im thinking there in big demand or they dont make them any more, any ideas where i can find either of these models? thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
thanks, is it worth the price you recon? also are there any other options out there?

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
There are other options mate, but to be honest there not as good overall as these babies. I have one on my 6800GT and one on my 9800pro, both have reduced tempratures dramatically, im talking 20-30c! There also as silent as a mouse peeing on cotton ;).

There relativly easy to install, just take ur time, read the instructions 2 or 3 times and go for it.

Theres 1 problem you might face, and thats if your current GPU (graphics card processor) has a thermal pad attached, its like real sticky double sided tape. Youll know if it has this on if you cant get ur current GPU fan off even though you've unclipped/unscrewed it. If this is the case, just warm up the heatsink with a hair dryer and gently prise it off.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
im planning on getting for my card as the fans are too loud on it!

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the nVidia 6 version of this will go on a 6600 with passive cooling? I'm not sure whether the passive cooling version has any extra heatsinks etc that would stop this going on, but can't seem to find any info on it on the interweb. Or should I just buy a version with the stock fan and replace it with the Arctic Cooler?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
haydnw said:
Does anyone know if the nVidia 6 version of this will go on a 6600 with passive cooling? I'm not sure whether the passive cooling version has any extra heatsinks etc that would stop this going on, but can't seem to find any info on it on the interweb. Or should I just buy a version with the stock fan and replace it with the Arctic Cooler?

i think it only works with the 6600GT

Ask a Question