Very slow and intermitent internet crashes.

Reaction score
Well here the BT fibre optic cable which supplies this area was half inched last night by some theiving little so and so's. It hapened about 0130 this morning and so far BT are trying to re cable to the Box and repair the damage. So we are having to trying to use the old BT copper/aluminum cable and it is so slow it is unbelivable that we used to use it and think nothing of it. At the moment it takes about 5 minuits to download a facebook coment.:mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I feel your pain. We had somebody take our box out with their car. BT guys worked day and night for 3 days to get services restored.

Reaction score
We had the same problem last year when the bt openreach box (we are sky) had all the insides stolen.
Took BT 2 days working 24/7 to restore the service, sadly they never got the people who did it!

And do know of a story about some thives that tried to steal some copper piping by the railway.
They forget to check if the cable was live, outcome one dead & one with life changing injuires.
And they blacked out the signals for about 5 statins & stopped the line being used for 12 hrs!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yes, @feckit, what is it with these idiots who run around stealing copper. Just a few days ago, thieves apparently stole copper piping (worth only £20) from the generator of a local supermarket. But they caused about £10,000 worth of damage, when, as a result, the store's fridges and freezers failed, spoiling the food inside them.

As before, I hope BT will be able to "put a wiggle on" to repair Bootneck's connection... can just imagine how frustrating it must be in the meantime.

Reaction score
Thanks for the commiserations everyone, the speed is now a little better but not up to full strength yet so I expect a day or so it will be back to normal. I went up to our local village store and Post office up in Kingswood and the post office was closed all IT and telephone lines were down but luckily we are on another exchange so we are not affected, but our wireless internet connection station is on that BT exchange so we are better off than them.

Ask a Question