vertical scroll bar pages 2 at a time!

mike

My vertical scroll bar doesn't work correctly. If I click
inside the scroll bar once, I scroll down TWO pages
instead of one. I have IE 6.0

What is the fix for this? (not a problem in Word)

Thank you.

Don Varnau

Mike,
This is caused by a bug in the Q824145 Security Patch of a few months ago.
Click just under the slider in
the scrollbar, drag the slider, use the page up/page down keys, the arrow
keys or the wheel on the mouse.

But...
There's a new critical Update out for IE.
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-004- Cumulative Security Update for IE
(832894)http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bul
letin/MS04-004.asp
This update should fix the scrolling problem. It will also delete all saved
(autocomplete) passwords.
If your passwords are not backed up in some fashion, try
Protected Storage PassView from http://www.webattack.com/get/pspv.shtml
before installing the update.

Hope this helps,
Don

mike

Thanks for the reply Don! Did you mean this?
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-004 Print

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (832894)
Issued: February 2, 2004
Updated: February 9, 2004
Version Number: 1.4

I got an error that the site was moved when I pasted the
url you gave, but I found ms04-006 and changed 006 to 004
in that url and got this page, but still unclear as to
what to choose. Lot's of "download" hyperlinks to choose
from and they all say things like ie6 sp1, or just ie6,
etc. Here's what I'm seeing, look at all of these choices:
Tested Microsoft Windows and Office Components:

Affected Components:

Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1: Download the update.
Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (64-Bit Edition):
Download the update.
Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Server 2003: Download the
update.
Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Server 2003 (64-Bit
Edition): Download the update.
Internet Explorer 6: Download the update.

I have xp home, so where is the choice for that? What is
64 bit?

Thanks again

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"mike" <anonymous[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
My vertical scroll bar doesn't work correctly. If I click
inside the scroll bar once, I scroll down TWO pages
instead of one. I have IE 6.0

What is the fix for this? (not a problem in Word)

Thank you.

.

Don Varnau

Well, I managed to break that link, it should be:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS04-004.asp
With XP Home, you could be at IE6 or IE6 SP1
See:
164539 - How to Determine Which Version of Internet Explorer Is Installed:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;164539
Start at IE> Help> About.

64 bit? Probably not. If you had 64 bit XP, you'd probably know it. But you
could right-click My Computer and check properties.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/faq.asp

Hope this helps,
Don

mike said:
[...]

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

mike said:
[...]

If you have to ask you don't have a 64-bit version.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com