    pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can anyone help?
    --
    featfan

    Doug, Apr 22, 2009

  2. Doug

    Gordon Guest

    "Doug" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How do I reset my username and password on windows mail? It will not let
    > me
    > send or receive my mail. It wants me to verify that both are correct for
    > my
    > mail server. I've tried every username and password that I've ever used.
    > I'm
    > pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can anyone
    > help?

    This is the username and password that you would have been asked to set up
    when you set up your email account with your email provider. You need to
    contact them to ask what username and password you should be using...

    --
    Asking a question?
    your OS, Service Pack level

    Gordon, Apr 22, 2009

  3. Doug

    Dave Guest

    There is no username & password to access Windows Mail.
    The only ones needed are the ones to access your email accounts on the
    servers.
    Can you log into your email accounts webmail portal? That's a good way to
    test whether you are using the correct username & password.

    --
    Windows 7 beta
    http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

    Dave, Apr 22, 2009
  4. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Thanks for your help Dave. It was a password problem. Sometimes I can be a
    real dumbass.
    --
    featfan

    Doug, Apr 22, 2009
  5. Doug

    bulkomuff Guest

    I have exactly the same problem, i use tiscali and can access my emails via
    their website on any p.c. My windows mail will not send receive and did
    initially ask for password for pop.tiscali but hasn't since and is still not
    working.What settings do i need to check?
    Thanks.

    bulkomuff, Apr 22, 2009
  6. Doug

    Dave Guest

    In Windows Mail:
    Go to Tools- Accounts - (youraccount) - Properties - Servers tab
    Re-enter your email username and password
    OK

    If that doesn't fix it, you may have to remove the account, and re-add it.

    Dave, Apr 22, 2009
  7. Doug

    Reddwarf Guest

    Reddwarf, Apr 23, 2009
  8. Doug

    cmaxwell Guest

    I've been having the same problem for the past few days. This pop-up box
    asking for the info is new. I put the correct info in, but it refuses to
    recognize. I'm stuck using webmail until I can figure it out.

    cmaxwell, Apr 23, 2009
  9. "cmaxwell" <> wrote in message
    > I've been having the same problem for the past few days. This pop-up box
    > asking for the info is new. I put the correct info in, but it refuses to
    > recognize. I'm stuck using webmail until I can figure it out.

    Here's a trick. Open Notepad, and enter your username and password there.
    Copy and paste each into your webmail login. If they are successful, copy
    and paste into the Windows Mail logins.

    If it still doesn't work in WM, other settings are incorrect, for example
    security settings. Contact your mail provider's support for details.

    HTH
    -pk

    Patrick Keenan, Apr 24, 2009
  10. Doug

    cmaxwell Guest

    I finally figured it out. Even though it is asking for user name, it wants
    your full email address. Hope this helps some more of you out.

    cmaxwell, Apr 25, 2009
  11. You have to give it whatever your mail provider specifies. Some want the
    complete email address, others want only the username portion (the part
    in front of the @ symbol).

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen, Apr 25, 2009