My windows Mail

fraser5150

When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get a
windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com
"Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your
mail server."
There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok".
I then get an error message: "account:
'pop-server.socal.rr.com',server:'pop-server.ca.rr.com',protocol:pop3,server
response:'-ERR invalid username or pass word.'port:110, secure (SSL): no,
server error: 0x800ccc90, error number:0x800ccc92"
I've checked under tools-accounts etc. I've tried the help
troubleshooting... In 5 years this has never come up. I'm confused... Any
ideas?
Thanks,
Jonathan

Dave N9

Verify that you are using the correct username & password by logging into
the webmail service...
https://webmail.roadrunner.com/webedge

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
"fraser5150" wrote in message

When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get
windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com
"Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your
mail server."
There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok".
I then get an error message: "account:
'pop-server.socal.rr.com',server:'pop-server.ca.rr.com',protocol:pop3,server
response:'-ERR invalid username or pass word.'port:110, secure (SSL): no,
server error: 0x800ccc90, error number:0x800ccc92"
I've checked under tools-accounts etc. I've tried the help
troubleshooting... In 5 years this has never come up. I'm confused... Any
ideas?
Thanks,
Jonathan

Gary VanderMolen

There are so many typos in your paraphrased error message that it
is useless for the purpose of troubleshooting. For example, you
have given the server name three different ways:
pop-server.socal.com, pop-server.socal.rr.com, and pop-server.ca.rr.com.
Without a verbatim copy of the error message I have no way of knowing
which one of those three ways it is actually in your Windows Mail.

Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"fraser5150" wrote in message
When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get a
windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com
"Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your
mail server."
There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok".
I then get an error message: "account:
'pop-server.socal.rr.com',server:'pop-server.ca.rr.com',protocol:pop3,server
response:'-ERR invalid username or pass word.'port:110, secure (SSL): no,
server error: 0x800ccc90, error number:0x800ccc92"
I've checked under tools-accounts etc. I've tried the help
troubleshooting... In 5 years this has never come up. I'm confused... Any
ideas?
Thanks,
Jonathan

Cathy Brennan