Cannot receive mail.

Bernsy

This has never done this before. I would like some help with this problem.
When my account tries to receive mail it asks for a username and password. I
try all the combination but none of them work.
So my question is how do I fix this?

Here are the error codes:
Account: 'pop.grics.net', Server: 'pop.grics.net', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR Invalid password or username', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Account: 'pop.grics.net', Server: 'pop.grics.net', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR Select a username first', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Gary VanderMolen

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

Next, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail.
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is
account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is
to delete that corrupted mail account, restart Windows Mail, then
recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)