    home premium edition. i would like to install the new key
    without having to re-install the OS.

    is this possible?

    Guest, Feb 20, 2007

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, Howard
    says...
    > Hello All,
    >
    > i found many posts about purchasing the upgrade .
    > my company gave me a new cd and an ultimate key and
    > i would like to just install the new key as i am already running the
    > home premium edition. i would like to install the new key
    > without having to re-install the OS.
    >
    > is this possible?

    No.

    --
    Conor

    until you hear them speak.........

    Conor, Feb 20, 2007

  3. No.
    Insert the Ultimate CD while at the Desktop.
    Follow prompts to upgrade to Ultimate.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Feb 20, 2007

    Will this over ride any or erase any programs installed?
    Dan Rudder

    Guest, Feb 21, 2007
  5. Dan;
    It shouldn't.
    However it is always a good idea to have current back-ups of all important
    data just in case.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Feb 21, 2007