update 4.7.2009

Danilo

Greetings
I got notified of an update of my messenger 4.7.2009-version!
If I do install this update, will I need to change settings again? I'am
refering to compatibility with my hotmail.
(new mail ...)
Thank you
Danilo

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Greetings Danilo,

If you update to any version of Windows Messenger above 4.7.2009, you will lose your Hotmail
functionality. The feature has moved to MSN Messenger and is no longer present in Windows
Messenger.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

i'm running 4.72010 and still have it

Jonathan Kay said:
Greetings Danilo,

If you update to any version of Windows Messenger above 4.7.2009, you will lose your Hotmail
functionality. The feature has moved to MSN Messenger and is no longer present in Windows
Messenger.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

Danilo

Jonathan
Thank you for your reply.
I'am running 4.7.2009!
And the update anuonced within messenger (news) is telling me about a little
update for 4.7.2009 (same version)
The update would include security, removal fonecall and various litlle
improvements.
So will this update effect my Hotmail functionality?
Much obliged!
Danilo

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Danilo said:
Jonathan
Thank you for your reply.
I'am running 4.7.2009!
And the update anuonced within messenger (news) is telling me about a little update for
4.7.2009 (same version)
The update would include security, removal fonecall and various litlle improvements.
So will this update effect my Hotmail functionality?
Much obliged!
Danilo

russshoe

Jonathan Kay MVP said:
Hi Danilo,

You're very welcome!
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
Kay.

 >> Hi Danilo,
 >>
 >> If you install that update, you will lose your
Hotmail checking capability.
http://messenger.jonathankay.com
 >> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005
Jonathan Kay.

 >> "Danilo" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
 >>   >>> Jonathan
  >>> Thank you for your reply.
  >>> I'am running 4.7.2009!
  >>> And the update anuonced within messenger
(news) is telling me about a little update for
  >>> 4.7.2009 (same version)
  >>> The update would include security, removal
fonecall and various litlle improvements.
  >>> So will this update effect my Hotmail
functionality?
  >>> Much obliged!
  >>> Danilo

Messenger above 4.7.2009, you will lose your
to MSN Messenger and is no longer present
Messenger

http://messenger.jonathankay.com
2005 Jonathan Kay.
rights.

in message

4.7.2009-version!
change settings again? I'am refering to

The latest version of messenger is 4.72010 and I did not loose my
hotmail alerts

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

russshoe said:
The latest version of messenger is 4.72010 and I did not loose my
hotmail alerts

There is no such version, look again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

russshoe

how come my version is 5.1.0639?

wrote in message
  > > > The latest version of messenger is 4.72010
and I did not
 > > loose my
  > > > hotmail alerts
 > >
 > > There is no such version, look again.
 > > Jonathan Kay
 > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
 > > Associate Expert
 > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
 > > Messenger Resources -
http://messenger.jonathankay.com
 > > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005
Jonathan
 > > Kay.
 > > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

If you install 5.1 I do believe you will loose hotmail alerts. ay
leasy I did so I reinstalled 4.72010