unwanted grey border on picture copied from XL

Keith R

ok, I didn't get a response in the XL newsgroup, so hopefully someone here
can help;

I am using VBA (Office97) to copy (copyaspicture) ranges from Excel and
paste into powerpoint slides.

To hide the Excel gridlines, I made the cell fillcolor white for an area
larger than the range(s) I copy

however, every image that is pasted into PP has a thin grey line/border on
the left and top of the image. I'd really like to get rid of those lines
because they distract from the rest of the information.

At the moment, my only option seems to be to manually place a white
rectangle over both borders, which means hand-editing ever slide...which is
a lot of extra non-value added work.

Has anyone ever run into this before? My guess is that it is related to how
Excel copies as a picture, but does anyone have a workaround to get rid of
it?

TIA,
Keith

Steve Rindsberg

Wouldn't something like this work (ie, turn off the grids in Excel prior to
copying the content):

ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False

--
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com