Unreal Tournament 2004 (Reefy Reveiw)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
When i first played the first UT i was extremely impressed, it had great weapon selection, excellent selection of maps/levels and a good lot of characters to choose and fight.

So i was expecting alot form this one! And i got more than alot, this is truely amazing. Theres probably more than 50 maps/levels to choose from, around 20-30 weapons rangiong from your assult rifle to the mighty rocket launcer, EVERY weapon has 2 functions, theres a whole host of characters and clans to choose from, plus you can make your own.

There are so many types of match to choose from. Of course you have the Death match mode, where its every man for himself, then theres Team Death Match, Invasion, Mutant, Capture the Flag, Bombing Run, Last Man Standing, Double Domination, Assault, and Onslaugh. That lot will keep you busy for a few hundred hours ;).

There is also a selection of vehicles that has never been in any UT game, you have cars that look like the Warthog from Halo and also a selection of hovering and flying vehicles. I havent tried all the vehicles yet, but from what i can see they all have weapons built onto them.

On single player mode you have to make a team/clan and do matches to build up your status and earn money. With the money you earn you have to pay your team mates and you can also buy better team mates. You can also place wagers/bets on a match to see who wins, of course your always gonna bet on your self ;).

Overall i think the game would have been better if you didnt have to partner up with AI controlled team mates, because it doesnt matter how skilled you are, if your team mates dont play well you lose!

So i give this game 9/10

Minimum PC equirments are as follows:

Pentium or AMD 1.0GHz
128MB RAM on Windows 98 & ME, 256MB RAM on Windows 2000 & XP
5.5GB Hard Disk space
8 x DVD – ROM
Windows DirectX 9.0 compatible Sound Card
Radeon 8000 or Superior, or GeForce 2 or superior, 64MB of Video memory or superior
DirectX 9.0b (Included on game disc)

But i recommend :

Pentium 4 or Athlon XP 1600
512mb ram
5.5 gig HDD freespace (not really optional)
Sound blaster live sound card
Gerofce FX 5200 or higher, Ati Radeon pro 9000 or higher

Ask a Question