Borderlands 2

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Undecided by this myself, couldn't get into the first one, though i didn't dislike it. Think i got distracted by another game knowing me.....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/49520/

Pre-purchase Now and get an upgrade to the Premier Club Edition.
Includes:

• Gearbox Gold Gun Pack A package of unique Gearbox Golden Guns to help you start your journey on Pandora!
  • Golden Key Unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest.
  • Vault Hunter’s Relic Play solo or team up with friends and boost your gear-hunting fortune with the Vault Hunter’s Relic
  • New Character Class Receive a free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class as soon as she’s available
About the Game

A new era of shoot and loot is about to begin. Play as one of four new vault hunters facing off against a massive new world of creatures, psychos and the evil mastermind, Handsome Jack. Make new friends, arm them with a bazillion weapons and fight alongside them in 4 player co-op on a relentless quest for revenge and redemption across the undiscovered and unpredictable living planet.
Key Features:

• All-New Characters and All-New Classes: Four all new playable classes including the Siren, the Commando, the Gunzerker and the Assassin. Step into the role of the Gunzerker, whose highly deadly skills allow him to dual-wield any two weapons found in the game. Not only that, you will build on that skill to do more things with two guns than you ever imagined possible. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course! Dual Sniper Rifles? Sure, if that’s your thing! Want to try other styles? More tactical perhaps? There are multiple classes to choose from!
  • Dynamic Co-op online, and LAN: Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN. Borderlands 2 features a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game. On top of that you can even take your new gear from any game to any other!
  • World Connected Story: Find yourself left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption. Expose the evil surrounding the Hyperion Corporation and take on the perpetrator of a universe-wide grand deception -- the nefarious Hyperion CEO, Handsome Jack. (Oh, also: he's stolen credit for the opening of the Vault.)
  • 87 Bazillion...Everything: In addition to the new gun system, you will lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, Relics, class mods and much, much more. And you thought the original Borderlands had a ton of loot!
  • Brand new environments on Pandora: Hunt through entirely brand new areas of Pandora that are more alive than ever! From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, you’ll be surprised by the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn!
  • Brand new enemies: A whole slew of new enemies are out there to kill you in Borderlands 2. Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory Stalkers and the Hyperion mechanical army, run by Handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies in Borderlands 2.

System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
    • Memory: 2 GB(XP)/ 2 GB(Vista)
    • Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free
    • Video Memory: 256 MB
    • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 /ATI Radeon HD 2600
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
    • Other Requirements:Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, DirectX 9, Microsoft .NET 4 Framework, Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, Visual C++ Redistributable 2008, Visual C++ Redistributable 2010, and AMD CPU Drivers (XP Only/AMD Only)

• Recommended:
    • Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad Core processor
    • Memory: 2 GB
    • Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free
    • Video Memory: 512MB
    • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5850
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
    • Other Requirements:Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, DirectX 9, Microsoft .NET 4 Framework, Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, Visual C++ Redistributable 2008, Visual C++ Redistributable 2010, and AMD CPU Drivers (XP Only/AMD Only)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Borderlands is easily one of my favourite all time games on PC looks like number 2 if a must buy for me then :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Loved the first one plus the add-ons, Borderlands 2 is a must have for me.

Will probably wait for a price drop though, it's not often I pay full price for a game but when I do I'm always gutted when I see it offered for significantly less.

Reaction score
Hmmmm finally got round to downloading and installing this via steam. It was free with my new GFX card

It all installed fine apparently (don't know otherwise due to there not being any error messages)

Anyway when I try to run it I get the error "Borderlands 2 has stopped working"
Followed by this in the attachment

Anyone has a clue? I have messaged 2k also

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 3,028

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Try verifying your game cache?

Latest GFX drivers?

Reaction score
Yeah got latest driver installed.

Whats verify game cache? Wheres that then?

No matter found how to do it.....

Ok. Did that and it found a corrupt file. Started game again after it reinstalled it and hey ho it works!

Cheers mate, headache resolved :D

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Glad you got it working, it's a great game, imo.

I'm now on the final Chapter 16, 48 hours gameplay so far.

This last bit is proving a tad difficult :confused:

Reaction score
Not really had a chance to play tbh. Been sooo busy with work.

Got ghst recon future soldier, Batman Arkham, Farcry3 and borderlands installed

Need a couple of weeks off to catch up lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Know the feeling, Have only played opening sequence of Dishonoured and only about one hour of Far Cry Three. FC3 looks to be a good game btw, though I've only played a little. But be prepared to die a lot methinks.

Have now played 54 hours of Borderlands 2, Chapter 16 isn't the last level as I mentioned above, I searched online and there are in fact 18 chapters and I'm now half way through Chapter 17.

Plus there's lots of other games I have, mostly Steam, haven't even started yet. I really should put the brakes on for buying games and complete a few of what I already have.

Reaction score
Yeah I don't buy many games now. I have a perhaps a dozen for Xbox I've hardly touched. Waste of money really :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, don't think I've turned the Xbox on for over a month. And have quite a few I've only played for a short while and at least three I haven't even tried yet. How odd.

I blame cheapie Xbox games at GAME stores and Steam.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So, just starting this now, any tips, tricks!? :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Tips & tricks? Get a sniper rifle as soon as you can. Run away/back track and snipe a lot; use cover; only buy ammo if you have to, there's lots of it lying about; ditto weapons; don't believe the 'exit and save' instruction, it doesn't save; make sure you finish what looks to be a level or when you exit the game then restart you'll have to do the same old all over again; if you return on a level for instance to get ammo, enemies will respawn on your way back; take your time with the badass's, patience required to out them; some weapons are much better than others, only experience will tell; collect eridium to use at the Black Market in Sanctuary, it buys you the capability to carry more ammo; rockets are scarce, use them sparingly (but there are occasions when only rockets will do the trick); grenades are your friend.

When you finish you get to play in Vault Hunter mode which is basically a lot harder. I played up to Chapter six (out of 18) in that mode but thought that's quite enough, Level 38 and 93 hours played, now going to play some Far Cry Three (Have just met Citra in that game) and Dishonored.

Oh, and might get around to finishing Dawnguard in Skyrim.

I thoroughly enjoyed Borderlands 2 but it can be terribly frustrating at times, mostly the save feature (or lack of it).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think I'm done with this game for the time being. In super duper hard (true vault hunter) mode, I actually managed to defeat Wilhelm the second time around but have pretty much come up against a brick wall trying to kill the Gluttinous Thresher, Chapter nine, I think. Just too damn hard.

Plus as mentioned previously if I exit the game completely it takes an hour's worth of play that I've already completed previously to reach the point where I left the game. So that's it, I done pretty good though I think, played whole game through then half again on hard mode. Level 39, 100 hours played.

I may go back at some stage and play as a different character/class, I have played it as a Gunzerker.

One other tip that applies sometimes: It costs money to respawn but you will never get so low in money that you can't respawn. The more money you have, the more it costs to respawn. So I figure it's mostly a good idea to always spend your money on ammo (especially rockets) or weapons.

Now to spend some time on Far Cry 3, Dishonored and a Christmas Pressie, X3 Terran Conflict & Albion Prelude.

Reaction score
Level 34 I think I am now and hit about 50 hours

This game is massive, huge. Dozens and dozens of sub stories to play

Best thing is when you kill boss at end you can continue to complete the sub stories

Which is what i'm doing now. I've just played 5half hours and didn't realise it

Fantastic game. Even better when you get it for free with a GFX card :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Woohoo, glad somebody else agrees with me, best game I've played for quite some time :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sounds like i really need to start playing this again! As usual i've got sidetracked with other games...... When i get time at the mo that is anyway! :/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A re-visit. I just finished playing Borderlands 2 through again as a different character, this time around I played as The Siren, the female character named Mira. Finished up a few levels higher than the 1st time, level 33, and found it a lot easier second time around and this time I played quite a few more side missions.

I have sort of re-evaluated the game and have come to the conclusion that it's really not as bad as I thought when it comes to having to go back to a certain point when you die and losing your ammo. This game is all about reaching levels, the more you kill, the higher level you get to. Which is why it's worth doing the extra quests cos higher levels unlock more powerful weapons which really make progress a lot easier.

But the main thing I've noticed is this: when you get to one of those boss levels which seem almost impossible, just carry on at it, keep respawning and eventually you should beat the boss because I noticed that after you've been defeated a certain amount of times, the AI seems to get easier. For instance after I'd died about 6 times at one stage the next time I respawned I somehow had acquired 6 rockets which enabled me to defeat that particular boss.

I also noticed that after you'd tried and tried and tried to defeat a boss and died a million deaths, they don't seem to put up such a fight.

You can also travel back and kill a few things that are easy and use the winnings to buy ammo. Going back to The Caustic Caverns and killing a few of those big 3-legged golden-legged beasties is good cos when they die they leave tons of cash.

Anyhow, by far one of my all time favourite games, now to play all the add-ons I bought for it, I've already played most of the pirate level thingie, still have plenty more.

177 hours and counting, now that's a pretty good deal in my book ;)

Ask a Question