Borderlands: The Pre Sequel

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Been playing this since Friday, only one of two games I've ever pre-ordered (the other one was Skyrim). Not sure why I paid my thirty quid up front though, didn't get any extra content and the price is still the same after release.

So, anybody else got this game? I know Ian has, he's been playing it (Steam friend). I wasn't sure I liked it at first, it's a little different from Borderlands 2 but not much, apart, perhaps, from the Australian accents. But I've grown to like it and am now probably as addicted to this one as I am to Borderlands 2 (About 780 hours played so far :eek: ).

The first boss - named Deathlift - comes fairly early on in the game, I chose the first female, Athena, for my character and I could not defeat this Deathlift character, I was all set to give up. But then I re-started the game with the other female character - Nisha - and she gets better weapons, specifically a sniper rifle.

By the time I encountered Deathlift the second time I was up to Level 6 (played all the side missions) and with the aid of the sniper rifle beat the boss level quite easily.

Right now up to level seven, have accessed vehicles and entered Concordia.

I've played Borderlands 2 through with several characters and beat the game on the hardest level - Ultimate Vault Hunter - I wonder if this Pre Sequel will take up as much of my time?

Probably also worth mentioning that this game runs in Ubuntu-based Linux distros, runs fine in Mint 17.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... this game runs in Ubuntu-based Linux distros, runs fine in Mint 17.

yes, that is good to hear.

I haven't a clue about the game tho' :D

Reaction score
Funnily enough just stopped playing. I don't own any of the extra's so come to the point now pretty much where I can't progress because I need help with Metamorphosis or what ever its name is

I have tried a couple of times on my own but don't think it's ever going to happen :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I've been playing this a little bit over the past few days - so far so good :D. There are 4 of us with the game and we're doing it all co-op - great fun!

I'm playing as Wilhelm, he seems like a decent character... but Claptrap is a real liability! One of his special moves causes all the team to bounce around, or repeatedly fire our weapons... although it does add some entertainment!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't got that far yet. I took a look at all the DLC available and as far as I can see there's no 'Pay to progress' content, unlike some of EA's games.

Reaction score
Guess I'll hold on a while then

Probs will buy a couple of packs when I'm flush

Recently had a crash in car so doing all repairs myself but got to buy parts

BOOOOOOO

Saved me a fortune though. Insurance weren't interested they wanted to write it off as uneconomical for them. But yeah sure you repair it if you want they said...

Forecourt value is only £260, my excess is £300 pmsl

URRRRM OK!!

Ask a Question