Steam Sales: Halloween, THQ and more!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Steams Halloween Sale here, Some good deals in there...

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/trickortreat

Also this little Gems on sale for £1.05

Dogfighter

DogFighter is a fast paced, arcade aerial combat game with arena style gameplay values. Players can compete against up to 15 opponents in 4 multiplayer modes, or go solo in 7 single player game modes, using beefed up biplanes sporting over 20 different offensive and defensive weapons...
... and that’s just the start.

Since its launch in June, DogFighter has been updated on numerous occasions and has delivered on the promises made to our community. As well as the usual bug fixes and polish we have introduced...
  • Joystick Support
  • The DogFighter Demo
  • Dedicated Servers
  • Weapon and Control completely rebalanced
  • A new map, new co-op game mode “Wolf Pack” and the new craft; The Mongoose.
  • Configurable Xbox Controller Support
We here at Dark Water Studios are dedicated to our game and our community. We endeavor to make community opinion part of our design philosophy and are committed to bringing DogFighter players more say in how the game develops. This is YOUR game. Help us make it great.

Get in the skies and deal lead death to your enemy using a state-of-the-art flight model that gives players unprecedented command of DogFighter’s craft. Complete control of the craft, combined with easily executed advanced manoeuvres such as the Barrel Roll, give DogFighter players the tools they need to master the skies.

With environments built to both slay and save you, the environments in DogFighter offer the player a more interactive experience than is usual for the genre. Players can enjoy piloting their craft down mining tunnels, through pyramids and active volcanoes, in environments designed to deliver a more varied, more interactive gaming experience. Fly low, fly fast!

Steams THQ Week Sale is also on. (Sorry missed the first few days!)

Today is Frontlines Fuel of War @ £1.49!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9460/

Frontlines™: Fuel of War™ is an open-world First Person Shooter set on the frontlines of tomorrow. In a world ravaged by a global energy crisis, environmental decay, and economic depression, players assume the role of an elite soldier in the Western Coalition Army on an epic crusade against the Red Star Alliance to control the last of the world's oil reserves. Frontlines: Fuel of War combines cinematic, non-linear game play with next generation firepower and a revolutionary Frontline Combat System™ to deliver the most thrilling and intense FPS to date.
  • Frontline Combat System - In both single player and multiplayer modes, join the forces on the frontline in focused, intense combat.
  • Open World Environment - In both single player and multiplayer modes, create your own path to victory with non-linear mission objectives and destructible environments. Chip away at the battle instead of standard die and redo system.
  • Next Generation Firepower - Over 60 next generation vehicles and weapons inspired by military designs of the near future including jets, helicopters, tanks, APCs and more.
  • Customizable Soldier System - Character customization allows you to represent your play style through character choices, weapon load out and role specialization.
  • Advanced Team Play - Supports up to 64 players on PC via LAN or Internet with shared targeting systems, squad based VOIP and more.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
BioShock is only a few quid at the moment too - bargain!

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to give Dogfighters and Frontlines: Fuel of War a go - can't go wrong at that price!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I really must get some money in my Paypal account, I think that's the only method of payment Steam take :(

I can't see Dogfighters and Frontlines: Fuel Of war on that link but have to confess I'm a bit tired atm.

A few observations, purely my opinion:

Overlord II is a good game (I'm playing the Xbox version), certainly worth a fiver.

Amnesia Dark Descent is the one Alf recommended.

Ghost Master is absolute tosh - avoid.

Resident Evil Five I thought was rubbish.

If you don't have Bioshock One then deffo purchase for £3.49 - bargain.

I'm wondering what Devil May Care 4 and Haunted House are like.

I tried the demo of Plants vs Zombies on Xbox and found it amazingly dull, it made Space Invaders look like the best computer game on the planet ;)

PS: Found the links to Dogfighter & Frontlines - doh :blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Overlord II is a good game (I'm playing the Xbox version), certainly worth a fiver.

Is it similar to the old Dungeon Keeper games at all? I've been looking for a game like that for a long time. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Is it similar to the old Dungeon Keeper games at all? I've been looking for a game like that for a long time. :)

Umm, not really. There are similarities in the main character but the gameplay is totally different.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Umm, not really. There are similarities in the main character but the gameplay is totally different.

Ah that's a shame - cheers Flops. :)

Reaction score
I love Steam just for steals like this! A few weeks ago i got l4d2 for 5 euros. Damn awesome.

Ask a Question