Unofficial Adaware Updater GUI support now

Discussion in 'Freeware' started by R.L, Jun 14, 2004.

  1. R.L

    R.L Guest

    Just finished the GUI for it :) and some new features are
    added:

    Screenshot:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/img14.jpg

    Main page:

    http://home.earthlink.net/ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater.
    html

    ===========
    Function:
    ============
    When one know that there is a new Adaware reference list
    release, one can run this to update the list unattendedly.
    Alternatively, one can use the command line option (enter:
    c:/.../UnofficialAdawUpdaterV2.exe updater) with the window
    Task Scheduler to check for update automatically.

    ============
    To use:
    ============
    Unzip all files into a folder (the Lavasoft folder is
    recommanded). Then run the .exe file. It does not write
    anything to your registry. To uninstall, simply delete
    everything.

    ============
    Some new features:
    =============
    - It can optionally check your internet connection before
    updating. If you are not connected, it will exit before doing
    any file altering.

    - It will compare the version of the def. file with the one
    that was checked last time to see if update is neccessary.
    (Note: the information will only be accurate if you use this
    updater the last time you update. Otherwise, update will
    still proceed even though you might already have an updated
    Adaware definition. The existing reflist will be replaced
    with the newly downloaded one)

    - It will attempt to download the file one more time before it
    quits, if the first download was not succeed.

    - You can choose to do launch an auto spyware scan with Ad-
    aware after finish updating.

    - It can delete the log file if it gets too big.

    - Other options can be found in the new interface.

    Read the readme file included in the download for more
    information.

    --
    RL

    R.L, Jun 14, 2004

  2. R.L

    R.L Guest

    R.L, Jun 14, 2004

  3. R.L

    Linda Guest

    Cut & pasted on to 24hoursupport.helpdesk. Sorry, very rude of me. I should
    have asked first.

    Linda, Jun 14, 2004
  4. R.L

    R.L Guest

    "Linda" <> says in

    > "R.L" <ringomeinew(removehere)@hotmail(remove).com> wrote
    > in message news:Xns9508BC875EB3ringomei@127.0.0.1...
    >> Just finished the GUI for it :) and some new features are
    >> added:
    >>
    >> Screenshot:
    >> http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/img14.jpg
    >>
    >> Main page:
    >>
    >> http://home.earthlink.net/ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updat
    >> er. html
    >>

    > Cut & pasted on to 24hoursupport.helpdesk. Sorry, very rude
    > of me. I should have asked first.

    Thanks for thinking that it is "cut-and-paste worthy" :)
    Yet, just note that the second URL has a mistake on it, it
    should be

    R.L, Jun 14, 2004
  5. on Mon, 14 Jun 2004 05:12:54 GMT, "R.L"
    <ringomeinew(removehere)@hotmail(remove).com> wrote :
    >"R.L" <ringomeinew(removehere)@hotmail(remove).com> says in
    >
    >> Just finished the GUI for it :) and some new features are
    >> added:
    >>
    >> Screenshot: http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/img14.jpg
    >>
    >> Main page:
    >>
    >> http://home.earthlink.net/ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_update
    >> r. html
    >>

    >Sorry, A mistake in the URL, should be:
    >
    >http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater
    >.html
    >

    >-- RL

    I had to use
    http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/index.html
    or directly to download page w/
    http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html

    bLB

    buzz Light Beer, Jun 14, 2004
  6. R.L

    Linda Guest

    Someone picked up the error & corrected it for the benefit of the ng.

    Linda, Jun 14, 2004
  7. R.L

    CHarneyCHRIS Guest

    i cant any link to work.i just get a error page?

    CHarneyCHRIS, Jun 15, 2004
  8. R.L

    Doc Guest

    > Sorry, A mistake in the URL, should be:
    >
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater
    > .html

    Some (including me) may have to temporarily disable advert blocking to
    access this web address. Mine denied access because of the "_ad" part of
    the address.

    --
    aardvark (ard'-vark) a controversial animal with a long probing nose used
    for sniffing out the facts and stimulating thought and discussion.

    Doc, Jun 15, 2004
  9. R.L

    R.L Guest

    (CHarneyCHRIS) says in

    > i cant any link to work.i just get a error page?

    Perhaps try the main page and then go to the "downloadable"
    section:

    R.L, Jun 15, 2004
  10. R.L

    CHarneyCHRIS Guest