Unique Location

G

I want to publish on my site. But, when I try to do this I get the error message, "The local and remote webs cannot be in the same location. Please enter a unique location. I have tried, but I cannot enter a unique location.

J

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP-MVP]

In the Publish dialog input the URL or file path you wish to Publish to.
It can't be the same as the currently open Web site.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

-----Original Message-----
Posted At: 28. juli 2004 03:14
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Unique Location
Subject: Unique Location

I want to publish on my site. But, when I try to do this I get the error
message, "The local and remote webs cannot be in the same location.
Please enter a unique location. I have tried, but I cannot enter a
unique location.

G

Are you creating your site locally?
Exactly what are you entering as the publish destination?

A

Andrew Murray

you need a web server to publish to

cosmo96 said:
I want to publish on my site. But, when I try to do this I get the error
message, "The local and remote webs cannot be in the same location. Please enter
a unique location. I have tried, but I cannot enter a unique location.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Your Local site is the one you Currently Have Opened in FP
- it can be a local PC disc based or server based location or an ISP hosted server site
Your Remote site is the one you Do Not have Open in FP but want to Publish to
- it can be a local PC disc based or server based location or an ISP hosted server site

So if the site you have open is the Tripod one (an ISP hosted server site) it is the Local Site and you need to publish to some
location Other than Tripod (like a local PC disc based or server based location)

--

| Thank you WP, Jens Peter, and Andrew Murray, but my problem is not solved. I do have Tripod as my web server. The problem is that
my local and remote webs are in the same location. I don't know how, or because of the remote web site properties box is in front of
the page that lists the remote and local site. Because this box is in the way I cannot navigate from local to remote, or publish. If
I remove the properties box, than the local and remote webs in the same location are also removed, hence I cannot navigate anything.
I am frustrated. I hope I am making sense to you. Thank you for your interest and help.

G

I found the problem. I ran out of disc space with Tripod, so I deleted some files from the file manager. Everything is fine. Thank you all for your advice.

Ask a Question