unable to open attachments

Help!!

I am experiencing problems opening a word attachment, when i click on the
attachment to open it nothing happens, I have tried to save it and then open
it and won't let me save it. I get the error message, Command failed to
execute. I have plenty of memory free and am baffled as to what it could be.
Please can someone help me?

Thanks

Dennis

Help!! said:
I am experiencing problems opening a word attachment, when i click on the
attachment to open it nothing happens, I have tried to save it and then open
it and won't let me save it. I get the error message, Command failed to
execute. I have plenty of memory free and am baffled as to what it could be.
Please can someone help me?

Thanks

Dennis

I am having the same problem. It started on my home computer 2-3 months ago,
and now the same thing on my work computer. It is driving me crazy.

George Fellner

i had the same problem. I unistalled Internet Exporer 8 which has been
causing all sorts of problems and that solvd the attchment issue.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Is the problem only with DOC attachments or all attachments?

Have you installed IE8?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

Is "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Vista (KB969897)"
listed in Installed Updates?

Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you have
an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

If you do the following, does the behavior persist?

=> Start | All Programs | right-click on Windows Mail | select Properties
| Start in <=delete the value here (leaving it empty/blank) & OK your way
out.

NB: Uninstalling IE8 (cf. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700) should
resolve the behavior but you should not have encountered it in the first
place if IE8 was installed properly; cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...er.general/browse_frm/thread/a17d79493eac253d

Cari Drost

For me it is all attachments, and yes I have unistalled IE8.

I am using Trend Micro and I have gone through the scenario with them, and
we have concluded that it's not on their end.

I hae gone into properties in Microsaoft Mail and deleted the start in field
and that still does not resolve the problem...please help anybody!!

PA Bear [MS MVP]

To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista x64
SP2) in your first post.

Tip: When you begin a new thread, I'll post the same content I did in reply
to Help!! so you can save us both some time by answering them all in your
first post, too.

THX

roxanne

this may sound crazy but how do you uninstall internet exporer 8. I went to
the control panel and I don't see it there. I would like to make firefix my
browser?

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

There is no need to uninstall IE8 if all you want to do is install and
use Firefox. I recommend you retain IE as a backup browser, because
some sites require it.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)