Unable to connect to the net

Reaction score
I built my new pc yesterday and i have been unable to connect to the internet using a wired connection. It notices the connection as it says connected, but when i look in status there are 0 packets sent and recieved.

Any idea how i can fix this? Could it be i have to download drivers for the motherboard (Asus P5B Deluxe)?

Thanks

Reaction score
Yeah router is fine, as im using the same one to connect to the net now :( I havent installed any drivers yet, i didnt see any that came with the mobo, and the only way to download them is if im on the net, i think anyway.

When im on the asus site, it allows me to download a BIOS driver, is this what i should get?

Thanks

Edit: I think i have found the driver disc actually.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You should have got a disk with the board. Install the stuff off that Chipset etc, dont worry about the BIOS for now. :)

Reaction score
Yep, that sorted it. The disc kind of threw me because it said vista drivers inside, im a fool lol.

The amount of mistakes i have made while building the pc, well atleast i will learn from them.

Hopefully get some pics up soon, once i sort the cables etc out.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No worries mate, we all gotta learn. :)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
The amount of mistakes i have made while building the pc, well atleast i will learn from them.
Someone once said, "If you learn by your mistakes, I should be a genius!"
bowdown.gif

No comment .......

Ask a Question