Ummmmm... Well..... Errrrrmmmm....

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well, you know when you asked what we did last weekend?

Well I didn't tell the whole story...

On sunday night John asked me to marry him & I said yes...

I couldn't tell you before sorry because we hadn't decided if we were going tell people yet or not.

But... unless we change our minds of course... John & I are going to get married :)

We're perfectly happy just the way we are,

Have no need to get married,

& no reason to do so,

except that we want to :)

Which seemed like the best reason of all :)

So right now we are both excited & nervous as hell (we've both done it before & had things not end well), but so far it feels good & the times of happiness are out-weighing the panic attacks.
& we've both agreed that if either of us feels uncomfortable with it, or feels that it's damaging our relationship we can call it off anytime. Our relationship is what's most important & as I said we are happy as we are. So if you get an un-engagement announcement at anytime over the next few months (we reckon we'll have the wedding sometime in summer) don't be surprised :rolleyes:

And as for me...? Right now I'm nervous as. A part of me can't believe that I said yes (after last time) & is busy sh*tting itself. I know I wouln't've said yes a year ago. But then John wouldnt've asked a year ago either so that worked out well :rolleyes: (I never said I was sane)
But, overall it feels good. Strange, but good. & I am happy :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Congratsflickering.gif

Great news Ciri - I'm so happy for you!

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thank you Ady :D

I'm not sure what I am :rolleyes:

except nuts perhaps... :nod:

But Happy is definitely one of them.

Reaction score
DAAAAAAAAMN girl brill

Congrats to you and John

Pssst send me a piece of cake ;) Dont tell anyone else hehehehe

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats Ciri (and John!) :D :D :D

I'm really pleased for you both! :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Mad ... completely & utterly mad!! ;)

Hmmm, lets see, over 30,000 members, send out invites, not all will accept, so, we may need to hire a couple of Jumbo's to fly out.
I'll ask Mr Branson.

Yup, mad it is.

CONGRATULATIONS

:D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
What can I say except CONGRATULATIONS to both of you. May you live a very happy life together in holy matrimony. :D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:

Hmmm, lets see, over 30,000 members, send out invites, not all will accept, so, we may need to hire a couple of Jumbo's to fly out.
I'll ask Mr Branson.

That would be amazing out of 30000 probs 3000 if ya lucky would turn up. Imagine it. Bring ya own bottle and a plate of food :lol:

It would be probably the biggest wedding reception of all time. Guinness here we come lol

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Well done

Congratulations and all the best...we could all use google earth and fly there only takes seconds :wave:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Mad ... completely & utterly mad!! ;)

I'll ask Mr Branson.

Yup, mad it is.

CONGRATULATIONS

:D

Yep... I'd have to agree... totally mad :nod:

Aint it great :D

Thank you everyone for your congratulations & good wishes :D

John & I set a limit of 50 guests... we're having it at home & it's probably not even big enough for that many, but what the hell... Half the people never turn up anyway & we can always stack the spares up the back paddock :rolleyes:. Then John went out & asked just about everyone he knew yesturday, so it doesn't leave many for me so you may be flying out in a cessna I'm afraid ;)

The "Getting Married" bit is still feeling good & 'right' (corny I know but can't think of a better way to say it) But the whole "Having a wedding" bit still seems a bit unreal, or surreal. It seems to be exploding out in all directions with a life of it's own.
One of John's workmates has offerred to do a BBQ for the catering which takes a lot of the pressure off (apparently receptions are the most expensive part of a wedding) and we were wanting to keep it pretty casual & informal. But John wants me to wear a proper wedding dress (I was just going to wear a blouse & 3/4 skirt.) so that is going to be expensive. & he wants a honeymoon too.
Neither of us actually had weddings or honeymoons last times so it's all unexplored territory for us. But everything does seem to be happeneing very quickly. I thought we had months to figure out all the details. & now we have to set a date NOW because people want to be able to book flights early & get discounts... fair enough really, really we should be doing the same for our honeymoon, but we thought we had much more time for all this. We don't even know where we want to go yet.
He only asked me on sunday & already it seems to be taking over our lives. This is where I run screaming from the room & Elopement is starting to look very attractive :rolleyes: & we're only 2 days into it :eek:

If anyone wants to see the dress I'll be wearing it's at http://www.karmadesigns.co.nz in the victorian design section, style - CC4
Definitely going to have to loose a few pounds for it though :rolleyes:
The price is in $NZ so that makes it about £394.
Over here that puts it at the lower end of medium price range.
God knows where we are going to find the money.

Mad, definitely mad :rolleyes:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
No problem about no space for us at the wedding - I'm sure we can set up some sort of video link ;)

Love that dress!! - some of them Victorian ones are really sexy - or am I just ogling the women in them :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
lol, either or Ady, enjoy :D

I wanted something historical & they're in short supply these days. This was the only NZ site that had them & that was the one that both John & I liked, but anyone who thinks it's awful, please feel free to say so. I'm not in the least offended.

Now what is John going to wear :rolleyes:

I thought, with a dress like that then something piratical would suit... :rolleyes:
Always thought he'd look good in breeches & pirate boots...
Now... lets see if he agrees... :lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... I thought we had months to figure out all the details. & now we have to set a date NOW because people want to be able to book flights early & get discounts...
Yep, need to know ASAP ... Mr B can give me two + crew for the second week in July ... err, that too early for you or shall I hold off for a few days. :)

Got a 'prezzy list' going yet ... get one going on Amazon. ;)

Reaction score
Yeah actually some of those look amazing i'm sure you will look incredible which ever one you buy.

Make sure you just get some photos uup when the day is all done and dusted ;)

Ask a Question