Word Trouble opening Word

Reaction score
Hi,

Whenever i attempt to open Microsoft Word I get an error message which says 'The command cannot be performed because a dialogue box is open. Click OKand then close open dialogue boxes to continue', even though i cannot find anything else open. Windows installer then loads and after a minute or two, Word will open, after which i will have no more problems.

I've had this problem for months now and its getting extremely annoying! I've looked up solutions on the internet but nothing seems to work. One of the main causes i've found for the problem is Norton Antivirus - But i dont have this and i've never had it.

Anybody who can shed some light on what's going on here and how to fix it please reply ASAP.

Thanks,
Chub

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried performing a repair install? You should be able to do this via the add/remove programs option in Control Panel.

BTW, which version of Office and Windows is this?

Reaction score
Windows XP - Its Microsoft Word 2003. How would i go about performing the repair install? I've opened the Add/remove programs options but i cant see where i would go from there.

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it also appears on the help menu in Word 2003 - it should be called something like "detect and repair" or "repair install".

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Click on MS Office in add/remove programs, and you should get the option to repair.

In XP I think you actually have to start the process of un-installing, it then gives the option to repair.

Nothing wrong in un-installing & reinstalling anyway. ;)

HTH

:user:

Attachments

• officerepair.JPG
    officerepair.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 157

Ask a Question