Tower Bridge

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Nice find Niv, those photos (and the story) are so interesting. It's also pretty remarkable that the photos survived. Good for the chappie who saw fit to rescue them too. :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good find niv :thumb:

Built 120 years ago, still standing, still proud.

Buildings built in the last fifty years, many now demolished or in need of extensive maintenance.

Same thing with our roads too, as it happens...

Uh oh, watch out Flops, you're turning into a cynical moany Daily Mail reader :eek:

Talking of which, I can see a shared mentality in the comments beneath the story, Mail readers the lot of 'em, lol

I have video footage of me driving me old Merc across Tower Bridge five or six years ago and still pix of the bridge taken from me mate's boat sailing underneath around the same time.

Sortta related but not really.... I was looking at the cover of The Beatles' Abbey Road album today and the most striking thing was - no Yellow Lines meaning no parking restrictions. Also vehicles half parked on the pavement, that would be a nick now.

Times change, that's for sure.

Reaction score
Great find nivrip vellly interesting and a great find, back to the days when Great Britain was GREAT and not full of bankers and accountance who have broken the country, sorry if I upset any one but I mean it.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
They were a lucky find :D Whoever found them could make a nice little earner from them.

Ask a Question