Tombraider

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nice Movie! Nice graphics! Nice button mashing! Nice jugs!

oops, did I really say that? :eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Bought downloaded and ready to play, just have to get out of work and get home now! :D

Reviews seem favourable though. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, played over two hours now, verdict - I like this game :)

Alright, it is very much an interactive movie but it's enjoyable and that's what counts, after all. Very well presented graphic-wise.

I found it is sometimes easier to use a game pad where a quick sequence of button mashing is required, it's just easier on a Microsoft wireless controller than with mouse/keyboard. All the rest is better with mouse/keyboard though.

The first instance of this is where Lara has a pop at one of the perps who captures her early on in the game, must have tried about ten times to get past that bit with mouse/.keyboard, used gamepad - first try.

So yes, so far a thumbs up from fbs :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What Flops said, though i have read that it opens up more later and you get more control. I've only done a bit so far.

Good game, but my word dont it stress your PC! Look at this!

attachment.php

:thumb:

Attachments

• MSIAB.png
    MSIAB.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 207
Reaction score
grrr still not installed it lol

I have a Gravis Eliminator pro game pad. That be any good ya reckon?

Reaction score
Ok installed then steam informs me I have 25mins worth of downloading updates to do before I can play it...WTF?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No idea what that pad is, I use M+KB personally. :)

Though I do have a 360 pad if I feel like sitting on the sofa and playing on the TV.

Reaction score
I lied it didn't take 25mins it took almost 2 hours to update and install what it needed.

I think however ive fallen in love with Miss Croft all over again, bit scary I reckon ;)

As for the Shaders Yes I noticed it looks better. I had to adjust certain things in full screen. It crashed on me twice using "ultimate?" settings

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If your getting crashing try turning off Exclusive Fullscreen. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No issues here, the game had pre-loaded and as soon as it became unlocked I was playing from the off.

No glitches at all, apart from me getting narked at having to get those button pushes just so or end up brown bread :mad: Latest incidence was getting munched by a bear in a cave. Teef inna froat innit :eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Whats exclusive for mate?

From another forum:

"The game gets exclusive access to the GPU its rendering on, no other application that uses hardware acceleration on that GPU can invoke fullscreen mode and when the game has focus they go into a "suspended" type mode instead of running in the background and have to reload resources to continue operation when switched back to. This can potentially cause issues with alt-tabbing, etc. but provides more performance where something is intensively using the GPU."

Apparently it can cause the game to crash. I haven't seen this yet myself though.

I cant bring myself to turn off the TressFX mode. Her hair just looks too damn good! :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score

seems optimised-ish for AMD ... certain things are recommended to be turned off if using nVidia cards ... :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tomb Raider missing a lot of shaderFX on Nvidia GPU's

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/07/t...ing-looked-at-by-nvidia-and-crystal-dynamics/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846947231090179422/

Just seen this, think after reading that i may actually hold off playing the game and wait for it to be fixed....... :(
This was pulled as it caused save game corruption... :(

I'm going to try a few things tonight, Was running it in windowed mode, so i don't miss out of some effects. But I'm going to try running it in borderless windows mode (fake fullscreen) - http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/39550#
)dont worry that its for Oblivion, apparently that doesn't matter)

Also, tried this SweetFX config last night, makes the colours look a lot better. :)

http://gsngaming.com/topic/8805-tomb-raider-sweetfx-v13/

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I must have turned off Exclusive fullscreen from the start, as i thought it was on. It wasn't.

Turned it on last night and the game CTD'ed within minutes. Turned it back of and its fine again. Weird.

Everything else is maxed out. with FXAA. But DoF disabled as i cant stand it in games.

EDIT: Patch is out on Steam! :D

We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Tomb Raider, build 1.0.718.4.
This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

This update addresses a variety of issues that we either found out about shortly before release or immediately after.

Fixes include:

- Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.
- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
- Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
- Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
- Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
- Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
- Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
- Various other small fixes.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone. If you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, Build716.5, that can be used to switch back to the previous version. Please note however that you can only play multiplayer with people that share your version.

We expect further patches to follow fairly soon, addressing further issues we see being brought up by players, and are actively monitoring these and other forums looking for issues.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=198291

:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Touch wood I've had no issues and I'm using Intel/Nvidia, using just a humble 1Gb GTX560 as well, left the game's video settings at whatever they defaulted to but I do know res is 1920 x 1080.

Spent a couple more hours with this yesterday evening, really enjoying it, lots more action now and not so many cut scenes.

Ask a Question