    Is there a way I can set my AD server to get the atomic time and let
    the client PC's get their time from this server?

    Fran

    Fran, Jun 9, 2004

  2. If your Active Directory domain is working correctly this is what should be
    happening right now. DHCP does not synchronize time, only hands out IP
    addresses. Read here:

    Richard G. Harper [MVP Win9x]

    Richard G. Harper, Jun 9, 2004
  3. Fran

    Fran Guest

    This network is on an AD domain but the time on the workstations is
    not even CLOSE to the time on the server (which remains accurate, by
    the way.) Someone told me that the DHCP configuration would also
    update time on these workstations.

    I'll review the link, Thanks, Richard!

    Fran, Jun 10, 2004
  4. Make sure all the machines are on the correct time zone. If the time is
    close to exactly one hour or two hours, etc.,...then it may be a time zone
    issue.

    --

    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Jun 10, 2004
  5. Fran

    Fran Guest

    Setting the proper DNS records and settings in the AD controller
    worked the trick. Thanks, you guys, for all your assistance. It seems
    that DNS rules AD.

    Fran

    Fran, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Glad to help you get it straightened out.

    --
    Richard G. Harper [MVP Win9x]

    Richard G. Harper, Jun 11, 2004