TIF folder

v4t9hy3d8

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files

shows 2102 vusible objects
But when i right-click on the folder name and click properties it
shows a total of 27 folders and 186,025 files with 253mg

I cant see these files or folders yet i have the option to show
'hidden" files checked

How can i see what these 186,025 files are and how can i delete them?

i have done disk cleanup
thanks

Trax

|>C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
|>Files
|>
|>shows 2102 vusible objects
|>But when i right-click on the folder name and click properties it
|>shows a total of 27 folders and 186,025 files with 253mg

That pretty heavy all right.

|>I cant see these files or folders yet i have the option to show
|>'hidden" files checked

Where you unhid the files (tools/folder options/view) select to see
protected files.

|>How can i see what these 186,025 files are and how can i delete them?
|>
|>i have done disk cleanup
|>thanks

Peter Foldes

Tried IE\Properties\General\Delete cookies then Delete Files and putting a checkmark to Offline files also then Clear History.

Have you done these above as described lately?

v4t9hy3d8

|>C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
|>Files
|>
|>shows 2102 vusible objects
|>But when i right-click on the folder name and click properties it
|>shows a total of 27 folders and 186,025 files with 253mg

That pretty heavy all right.

|>I cant see these files or folders yet i have the option to show
|>'hidden" files checked

Where you unhid the files (tools/folder options/view) select to see
protected files.

|>How can i see what these 186,025 files are and how can i delete them?
|>
|>i have done disk cleanup
|>thanks

i dont have 'hide protected files' checked

Kelly

Don't worry about the numbers, etc. It is sort of a why ask why situation.
This has to do with many factors and facets. For a deep cleaning, use a
third party that includes locked files especially index.dat.

Example being:

Clean out Usage Tracks in Windows
http://www.12ghosts.com/ghosts/wash.htm

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

v4t9hy3d8

Tried IE\Properties\General\Delete cookies then Delete Files and putting a checkmark to Offline files also then Clear History.

Have you done these above as described lately?

yes done that

v4t9hy3d8

Don't worry about the numbers, etc. It is sort of a why ask why situation.
This has to do with many factors and facets. For a deep cleaning, use a
third party that includes locked files especially index.dat.

Example being:

Clean out Usage Tracks in Windows
http://www.12ghosts.com/ghosts/wash.htm

what are these files and folders and how do i see them?

if you dont know what they are, then dont reply please

im trying to learn something

whatever they are they take up 250 mg----so they must mean something

David Candy

Piss off wanker. You are just here to waste others time. You can't see them as you have no reason too.

v4t9hy3d8

Piss off wanker. You are just here to waste others time. You can't see them as you have no reason too.

duh i want to eliminate personal info and files ---- and theres
180,000 files i can't see

v4t9hy3d8

Don't worry about the numbers, etc. It is sort of a why ask why situation.
This has to do with many factors and facets. For a deep cleaning, use a
third party that includes locked files especially index.dat.

Example being:

Clean out Usage Tracks in Windows
http://www.12ghosts.com/ghosts/wash.htm

i justr used 12 ghosts to eliminate tif files

the 180,000 files are still there

Keith Miller

Log on to the built-in administrator account(or to any account with admin privileges other than the one whose files you want to view). You can then explore (and delete at will) the actual files and folders under 'Temporary Internet Files' for any account EXCEPT the one you are logged in to.

Keith

Kelly

Hi Keith,

Drop me a note via email, when you get a chance. :blush:)

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

Log on to the built-in administrator account(or to any account with admin
privileges other than the one whose files you want to view). You can then
explore (and delete at will) the actual files and folders under 'Temporary
Internet Files' for any account EXCEPT the one you are logged in to.

Keith

Kelly

Thanks, guys (David and Bill). Good luck, OP.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
You were told to tick the offline box - did you do that? You said you did.