    Other software word outlook works perfect. This problem just for excel.
    I use office 2007

    Looking for help

    serhat, Sep 21, 2009

  2. serhat

    Currier Guest

    I was having the same problem, but happened on a solution over at PCReview.
    Try bringing up the Excel options, go to advanced and then scroll down to the
    "General" section. Make sure that "Ignore other applications that use
    Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" is not checked. This fixed my problem. Hope it
    helps.

    Currier

    Currier, Oct 2, 2009

  3. serhat

    hrishi Guest

    RE: There was a problem sending the command to the program. [Excel

    hi currier, thanks so much for this (though i didnt ask the question). had
    been very frustrated over this issue, and tried searching through search
    engines one more time. it fixed my problem.

    hrishi, Oct 5, 2009
  4. serhat

    agorganic Guest

    RE: There was a problem sending the command to the program. [WORD]

    Unfortunately my issue is with word MS office home and student 2007. All the
    other formats are fine to use (excel, pwr point, onenote).

    I think it happened when I switched to "run programs in previous versions of
    windows", as I'm running windows 7 RC. I found a temporary work around, in
    which you have to open the word program either from the start menu, taskbar
    or desktop and then go to the word circle button and open the file within
    word itself.

    A real nusiance!!

    I did hope I could follow the same steps as what currier mentioned for
    excel, although the "ignore other applicatiosn that use dynamic data exchange
    (DDE)" is not listed when I've gone into "word options", "Advanced" then
    searched under the "general" section.

    Bugger!

    agorganic, Oct 7, 2009
  5. serhat

    colcher Guest

    Re: There was a problem sending the command to the program. [WORD]

    On Oct 7, 2:56 am, agorganic <>
    wrote:
    > Unfortunately my issue is with word MS office home and student 2007. All the
    > other formats are fine to use (excel, pwr point, onenote).
    >
    > I think it happened when I switched to "run programs in previous versionsof
    > windows", as I'm running windows 7 RC. I found a temporary work around, in
    > which you have to open the word program either from the start menu, taskbar
    > or desktop and then go to the word circle button and open the file within
    > word itself.
    >
    > A real nusiance!!
    >
    > I did hope I could follow the same steps as what currier mentioned for
    > excel, although the "ignore other applicatiosn that use dynamic data exchange
    > (DDE)" is not listed when I've gone into "word options", "Advanced" then
    > searched under the "general" section.
    >
    > Bugger!

    Install the new office service pack (made available today).
    regards,
    Sérgio.

    colcher, Oct 21, 2009
  6. serhat

    Alper Guest

    RE: There was a problem sending the command to the program. [Excel

    Hi Currier,

    I am running Windows 7 and Office 2007 and getting this message when I
    double click on an excel file (and could not open it therefore by double
    clicking on it). This seems to have solved the problem (at least for now).
    Thx a lot.

    Alper

    Alper, Jan 22, 2010
  7. serhat

    Jude Wejuli Guest

    RE:problem with Excell

    when i open excel files, there is a message prompting problem sending commands.

    serhat wrote:

    There was a problem sending the command to the program. [Excel]
    21-Sep-09

    when i open my excel i got this alert
    There was a problem sending the command to the program.
    Other software word outlook works perfect. This problem just for excel.
    I use office 2007

    Looking for help

    On Monday, September 21, 2009 7:44 AM
    serhat wrote:

    There was a problem sending the command to the program. [Excel]
    when i open my excel i got this alert
    There was a problem sending the command to the program.
    Other software word outlook works perfect. This problem just for excel.
    I use office 2007

    Looking for help

    On Friday, October 02, 2009 1:43 PM
    Currier wrote:

    I was having the same problem, but happened on a solution over at PCReview.
    I was having the same problem, but happened on a solution over at PCReview.
    Try bringing up the Excel options, go to advanced and then scroll down to the
    "General" section. Make sure that "Ignore other applications that use
    Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" is not checked. This fixed my problem. Hope it
    helps.

    Currier

    "serhat" wrote:

    On Monday, October 05, 2009 4:45 AM
    hrishi wrote:

    hi currier, thanks so much for this (though i didnt ask the question).
    hi currier, thanks so much for this (though i didnt ask the question). had
    been very frustrated over this issue, and tried searching through search
    engines one more time. it fixed my problem.

    "Currier" wrote:

    On Wednesday, October 07, 2009 1:56 AM
    agorganic wrote:

    Unfortunately my issue is with word MS office home and student 2007.
    Unfortunately my issue is with word MS office home and student 2007. All the
    other formats are fine to use (excel, pwr point, onenote).

    I think it happened when I switched to "run programs in previous versions of
    windows", as I am running windows 7 RC. I found a temporary work around, in
    which you have to open the word program either from the start menu, taskbar
    or desktop and then go to the word circle button and open the file within
    word itself.

    A real nusiance!!

    I did hope I could follow the same steps as what currier mentioned for
    excel, although the "ignore other applicatiosn that use dynamic data exchange
    (DDE)" is not listed when I have gone into "word options", "Advanced" then
    searched under the "general" section.

    Bugger!

    On Monday, October 26, 2009 1:46 PM
    colcher wrote:

    wrote:theofnarangeInstall the new office service pack (made available today).
    wrote:
    the
    of
    ar
    ange

    Install the new office service pack (made available today).
    regards,
    S=E9rgio.

    On Friday, January 22, 2010 3:05 PM
    Alper wrote:

    Hi Currier,I am running Windows 7 and Office 2007 and getting this message
    Hi Currier,

    I am running Windows 7 and Office 2007 and getting this message when I
    double click on an excel file (and could not open it therefore by double
    clicking on it). This seems to have solved the problem (at least for now).
    Thx a lot.

    Alper

    "Currier" wrote:

    WPF GridView Sample To Insert, Update, and Delete Records
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...a-c9a46fd3aeb2/wpf-gridview-sample-to-in.aspx

    Jude Wejuli, Apr 19, 2010
  8. Exel File - Not opening

    Same problem .. thankfully same solution. So what caused this out of nowhere? Been using and opening files for sometime without problem? Again many thanks !!

    Nigel Starkey, Sep 30, 2010
  9. serhat

    prossmann

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am getting the same response in Excel 2010. I have done everything that everyone has said, but it still does not fix the problem. I can go into Excel, click open, search for the file, and open it that way, but I can't open the file when I click on it directly from within a folder. Any ideas?

    prossmann, Apr 30, 2012
  10. serhat

    gingerbob

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am having the same issue using Excel 2010 and Windows 7. I have tried all of the suggestions and nothing works. Any more ideas?

    gingerbob, Jun 28, 2012