Excel 2010 crashes on exit

Reaction score
I just installed MS Office 2010 over MS Office 2003. When I exit Excel presents a message
"Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Details: Excel crashes both when I click the upper right X and via File->Exit
It doesn't crash when I close the window first and then exit (so there is a workaround).
I had the same problem initially with Excel 2003; the solution then was to replace XLLEX.DLL in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\1033. The same file doesn't work in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\1033

I have seen a fix for Excel 2007, by removing the Bluetooth support. I have Bluetooth in Excel 2010, but I don't know how to remove/disable it (and what if I would like to use bluetooth....?)

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dominique

Reaction score
Excel 2010 crash - solution found

Looking further on the internet I found the solution in http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/37db903a-390e-4260-aa1a-549e22f7a8f3/

Slightly modified:
Found the problem with 2003, it is also related to the Addins from bluetooth.

Open the Registry (run Regedit)==> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\BtOfficeAddin.BtOfficeIntegration.1

and change the LoadBehavior key from 3 to 0

Restart excel 2010...and IT WORKS !

Thanks to Martinvgb2 from Microsoft TechNet

Reaction score
Hi,

Registry is a database where data contained on the computer such as software installed in the computer, their settings etc. The registry needs to be checked for any errors. Any errors that happen in the registry will affect the Microsoft Excel. Make sure that you clean the registry once in a while. The cleaning of registry could be done by any registry cleaning software.

Ask a Question