Windows 10 Unable to access outlook in w10

Reaction score
I use outlook for email and recently found that trying to open it i was told that the file .pst could not be found.I have tried various things suggested on the net and still cannot open my email.I eventually uninstalled my office 2010 program and reinstalled it thinking that would solve the problem.But the problem is still there. I can open other programs like excel,powerpoint etc but not outlook.Can someone tell how to resolve this please.If possible in reasonable layman terms!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
You could try System Restore where you take things back to a time before you had the problem. That sometimes works very well.

Reaction score
Have you tried these:
Thanks for the replies. I have tried to access the windows repair tool scanpst.exe but it will not run because it says olmapi32.dll,scnpst32.dll,and scnpst64.dll are missing.I have tried running a repair with the Office dvd but it did not help either.I do not have a restore point previous to 12/06/2019 when i believe this problem happened.I believe it was caused by Microsoft updates.I will try to reinstall the missing dll but it might be a bit too technical for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
An update on my outlook problem.It seems my account profile was corrupted. After setting up a new one and trying it out , i was successful in opening Outlook. After deleting the previous profile everything works fine now. Fingers crossed.

Ask a Question