Them delivery services - some good, some not so good

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm using Windows 10 on my main system and lately it's been showing many anomalies so I've decided on a fresh install. The price of M.2 NVMe SSD drives has fallen considerably over the last two years so yesterday I ordered a couple of 1Tb Crucial drives so I can install Win 10 on a RAID 0 config.
Here's my email to the supplier, which I think is self-explanatory:

Hello Ebuyer

When you decide to use a decent delivery service please let me know and if the delivery service you choose is a good one then I will use you again as a supplier.

Yodel, who were supposed to deliver my Ebuyer order today, have failed to do so. Their tracking service as at 14:45 shows my parcel is still at their delivery depot and not out for delivery. I have therefore requested the parcel be delivered this Monday as I am working all day Saturday and there will be nobody at my home address to receive the parcel.

I have not been a frequent customer nor have spent a great deal with you lately but I have used your company often in the past and am currently seriously considering a new desktop build.

I paid for next day delivery as any parcel left outside my front door is usually stolen and the less reputable courier firms often do leave parcels in vulnerable locations.

By far the best courier service in my experience is DPD who give you a one or two hour time window for delivery and so far have never let me down. They have my trust. DHL aren't bad either. Worst, in my experience, are Yodel and Evri (formerly Hermes).

Sir Floppicus Moppicus (Note: That is not my real name nor the one I signed off to Ebuyer with ;) )

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Nicely put, Flops.

I am not too enamoured with Evri. I had a parcel coming on a specific day and was messaged early in the morning stating that it would be delivered between 2PM and 3PM. Knowing this, we went out in the morning and returned at 1PM only to find that the parcel, worth £45, was at the door and luckily had not been nicked. Later Evri sent me a nice picture of the parcel at the door which had been delivered at 12.30. Hopeless.

I am always wary about companies that "rebrand" and change their name. A top quality company that has the trust of the public would never need to change names.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
In the past 2 months, I've had 2 Evri parcels just disappear during the delivery process. Neither were particularly expensive and the online shop re-sent the parcel, as tracking didn't show a delivery... but that's a terrible delivery rate!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had a sort of happy ending to this one even though I paid for Friday delivery but only received my goods on Monday.

Ebuyer e-mailed me, apologised and said if I specified a courier in future they'd probably be able to use that one (they use different warehouses).

They also refunded my £5.98 delivery fee.

Ask a Question