E-Buyer - my recent experience

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've recently purchased goods from Novatech and Amazon and had good efficient results from both of them.

On Wednesday 11th April I placed an order for two items with E-Buyer.

They do have a telephone number with an 0371 prefix which I believe my mobile tarrif covers within my existing phone plan but tbh I just couldn't be bothered speaking to somebody who probably couldn't give a monkeys (cynical? Moi?).

So here's the 'E-Note' I've just sent them, self-explanatory I think:

I paid for next day delivery on two items. One item was delivered the other item was not delivered. Had I realised that one order would take two deliveres I would have used another supplier. The worst aspect of online purchases if you're the only person at home during the daytime is having to stay in all day to take the delivery. Making one order then being told you have two deliveries is not satisfactory.

It's even less satisfactory when one half of that order is not delivered. I've just tracked the second delivery with courier service Yodel and as at 13:00 hours there are 77 deliveries ahead of mine. I have to go out late afternoon so it's unlikely I'll be here to accept delivery.

Other suppliers I use such as Novatech and Amazon have superior delivery services offering such advantages as giving one hour delivery slots and local collection points. Not E-Buyer though, no, they are rubbish. I would like the fee I paid for next day delivery refunded as you didn't keep your promise and I can assure you I won't be using you for future purchases and I have a couple of computer builds lined up in the near future.

Perhaps it's because you're now selling all sorts of goods including kitchen appliances that not so much effort is being devoted to computer component sales.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That sucks :( It really annoys me when companies give unrealistic expectations - if something will take a couple of days to arrive then I'm ok with that as long as I know before I buy. If they tell me it's going to be next day and it isn't, then that's a problem.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Conclusion:

2nd item arrived 17:15 today.

Reply from E-Buyer:

Good afternoon Tony.

Thank you for your Enote.

I am sorry to hear you have not received all of your order.

I can see from your order that your items have been dispatched from 2 warehouses.

I am authorized to refund half of your carriage which I will process today.

I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Cheryl

Ebuyer.com
Customer Support Team

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Remember, 'next day' delivery is not guaranteed ...

The Driver may forget his Guide Dog, s/he may get pulled over by the police for speeding and be unable to complete the allocated 13hrs delivery time slot. S/he may also pulled over once again for failing to take the mandatory drivers break and lose time explaining that the Tachograph is really broken. The 'Sat Nav', if one is even fitted, may have directed the driver down the local channel, or their Smarty Phone may not be as smart as a real Google Maps phone. The driver could have been taken ill at the wheel and no one will get their packages till the next day.

Then again, it could just be incompetence on behalf of the wearhouse peeps. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm aware of all that Mr Mucks and I'm not totally unreasonable but...

In the words of Lord Hortington-Smythe c/o Floppington Heights, Snootyville:

'If I pay for a service then I expect that service to be provided, damn plebs need whipping, don't know when they're well off, it was different in my day, a spell in the forces would sort them out and...' (voice fades into the ether)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Still no refund. Latest:

Me: Do you intend ever making a refund? Still waiting on your promise.

Cheryl:
01/05/2018 12:19 Good afternoon Tony.

Thank you for your Enote.

I am sorry to hear you have not been contacted regarding your extended
warranty.

I have chased them today and advised that you are awaiting to send your
item for repair.

I have requested a response as soon as possible and will of course update
you accordingly.

I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Cheryl

Ebuyer.com
Customer Support Team

Me:

01/05/2018 12:56 Cheryl, you appear to have added the wrong stock answer, I'm waiting for a
refund, not a repair. I suggest you take another look at the transcripts
here.

Have been buying stuff from this lot for at least 18 years. They've had their good moments but this doesn't seem to be one of those periods.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
You don't seem to be having much luck recently!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Don't go walking under any ladders :lol:

I wouldn't buy any lottery tickets either at the moment :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They replied back to my last 'E-Note' pretty quick and apologised for wrong message and today I received a PDF file attached to an email which was headed 'Credit note' but detailed as 'Refund'.

So I'll either see £2.49 in my bank account from them quite soon or have a credit note with them for the same amount.

I do think it unlikely though that I'll be using E-Buyer as a supplier in the near future.

Ask a Question