Amazon re-sellers

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
An unusual occurence I'll grant you but even Amazon sales aren't bullet proof:

Received 10th December:

For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.co.uk. This includes your response to the message below. For your protection we recommend that you only communicate with buyers and sellers using this method.

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order *************************** from zoverstocks.

As per our recent email, your order was dispatched from our warehouse on time. Unfortunately, due to the seasonal strain on Royal Mail, and recent inclement weather conditions, we have been advised by Royal Mail that a quantity of our post has been delayed by as much as 7 days, of which we regret to inform you that your order was included in this batch.

Whilst we fully appreciate that this is a huge inconvenience, especially at this time of year, we must stress that we are doing all we can to get your order delivered as soon as possible by applying as much pressure as possible on Royal Mail. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this delay has caused.

We are in constant contact with Royal Mail to ensure that these orders are delivered as soon as possible and in good time for Christmas, which we are assured will be absolutely the case. We would be extremely grateful if you could bear with us for just a little longer.

If you have concerns over the whereabouts of your order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Kind Regards
Customer Services
zoverstocks

Reply, same day:

Re: My recent order ************************** - Vinyl audio LP 'Contra' by Vampire Weekend.

I don't believe your reason for delayed delivery and I would like to cancel the sale and receive a refund for the goods.

Both Royal Mail and Parcel Force have been making numerous deliveries from within the UK to my address over the past week none of which have taken more than two working days to arrive from date of order using 2nd class post. Both Royal Mail and Parcel Force take on extra staff to deal with their extra traffic during this time of year and both my regular post person and Parcel Force delivery driver tell me that their delaying 'One batch of parcels' is a nonsense.

I think it more likely you advertised goods you didn't have in stock. The goods were advertised with a delivery estimate of five working days. On ordering that went to around 12 working days and now you tell me it's going to take another seven days. And delivery 'By Christmas' doesn't bother me in the slightest, the goods I ordered are not a gift but for myself. What DOES bother me is you failing to fulfil your promise of a definite delivery date.

So please refund me right away.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have also ordered stguff from Zoverstocks on Amazon too
It was a CD album I think and I got roughly the same message as you when they didn't deliver on there promised date..
I'm still scratching my nut with all this "time of the year" as its only 10th December and retailers have been saying this to me for about the last 2 weeks, namely a seller on ebay quoted the same thing to me a week ago and then wondered why I left her neutral feedback when the item turned up a week late and with a postmark of a day on it..
I also attended my local sorting office just 2 days ago and spoke to a couple of the guys in there and they said it was no busier than normal, it only gets really busy in the last week from about the 18th onwards..:mad:

Stick to your guns Flopp's :nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I buy, a few items, off Amazon. I take a good look at who the seller actually is. If it ain't Amazon themselves, I won't bother.

I noticed awhile ago that Amazon seem to have gone the way of EBay. :rolleyes:

Hope you gets your refund Mr Floppy one. :)

Play.com has your record at a cheaper price.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Zoverstocks is one of the few sellers that Amazon fulfill orders for on there behalf with the same guarantees and warranty as Amazon itself supply to there customers, I learnt many years ago not to bother with marketplace sellers on Amazon..
Obviously this didn't cover Flopp's postage woes though :rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Play.com has your record at a cheaper price.

Doesn't look like it, Play.com don't appear to sell vinyl LP's.

The LP I ordered cost £11.71 inc postage which is a good price for a new vinyl LP. I've been meaning to buy it for ages as I have their other two on vinyl. I do have it in FLAC file format so I'm not in any great rush for it but that email from zoverstocks is so blatantly a lie I saw red and thought 'The hell with it'.

I can probably get it new up west, HMV in Oxford Street might stock it and there's a choice of five other shops that sell new and used vinyl nearby.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just had a reply:

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your order with us.

When you place an order, Amazon have a 30 minute window in which you are able to press the cancel button online through your Amazon account. After this point, you would need to contact the seller directly with a request to cancel. Whether or not your request to cancel can be fulfilled depends on whether the order has been dispatched or not, as stated in Amazon’s help section.

Unfortunately, the order in question has already been sent for dispatch by our warehouse department before we read this email.

Please bear in mind that we are not able to read an email as soon as it is received. We do our best to answer your correspondence as soon as possible but dealing with thousands of customer enquiries per day means that it could be a day or two before we can attend to an email, especially during busy periods.

When the item arrives, we are more than happy for you to return the item to us for a refund. If you would be kind enough to return it to us in the original packaging (or any suitable packaging, if the you no longer have the original parcel). Please use the following address –

Customer Services (Amazon 202-2651377-1387542) (ACT),
Black & White House,
Hulley Road,
MACCLESFIELD,
SK10 2AF
Great Britain

(Please ensure that the address is exactly as shown here, including any codes)

Please enclose a print out of this email conversation in the parcel to speed up the process. If this is not possible, then a handwritten note with the order number and a reason for return would be fine.

On receipt, we will issue a full refund of the cost of the item.

Many thanks,

Sarah
Customer Services
zOverstocks

So, looks like I'll just have to wait, I'll keep the album when it arrives as I do want it. What's annoying is that were at least 5 or 6 other suppliers offering the goods for around the same price, seems like I picked a bad'un.

I think this zoverstocks are lying through their teeth and it's shoddy practice on their part. And to that end I'll bad mouth them as much as I possibly can to Amazon.

On Monday a parcel was sent from near Swansea and it arrived here today. On Monday a third party ordered goods from Amazon for me that also arrived here today.
zOverstocks must think their customers are fools.

Take my advice and don't use this company folks, they're bad.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So I replied :D

You are a lying bunch of ****s and I'll never ever order anything from you again. I'll definitely be complaining to Amazon about your shoddy practice and urge them to ditch you as a recommended supplier.

On Monday a parcel was sent from near Swansea and it arrived here today. On Monday a third party ordered goods from Amazon for me that also arrived here today.
zOverstocks must think their customers are fools. My regular Royal Mail and Parcel Force delivery persons both tell me your claim that a group of parcels is held up by them is false. They say the only intense period for deliveries is in the five working days before the 25th of December.

You supply a rubbish service and I'll never ever order from you again and I'll also warn my friends, families and numerous online forum members to avoid you.

Go **** yourselves.

I wonder if that will get a response? :lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ok, thought I'd resurrect this thread for a sec, just in case any other company was thinking of slandering our post office at this time of year.

Sunday night I was reading some spam, err, emails, and I seen that a game I had been interested in was on sale at Steam ... I don't do Steam ... so I looks on Amazon, I had a little gift burning a hole in my pocket. Thanks again Ian. :)

They got a sale on the same game, not as much, but I wouldn't actually be using my money, so I bought it. :)

Got the usual email off Amazon with a delivery date of Tuesday 24th December, that's today. I didn't ask for any special delivery and didn't think much of it.

Hey!! The postman has just been. :cheers:

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Postscript: the LP I ordered and was giving vent to the supplier zoverstocks in this thread finally arrived on the 18th. By Royal Mail with a postal date of the 16th :rolleyes:

Looking at zoverstocks feedback on Amazon, seems they have quite a big turnover. So they probably couldn't care less about their nefarious lying practices. The hell with them.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I ordered three items from Amazon on Sunday (22nd) all of which, stated tthat they would be delivered today.

This morning, City Link were the first to roll up, closely followed by a Royal Mail postie, and bang on time, DPD dropped off the third and final delivery. So fair play to them all, that was jolly good service. :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yep the City link courier also had no troubles delivering a Christmas pressie of a CD to me yesterday afternoon for this mornings festivities..:)

CSB

Reaction score
Unbelievable. What a bunch of furry wookies.

I'll certainly never be using them. I do my utmost to stay only with Amazon, but then if another seller is offering something rare, we have little choice to trust them.

All the best Sir Flops.

Ask a Question