The Network is not Present or not started

I get this message when i try to connect to my network. I'm running windows 2000 pro on my laptop. I'm using a dwl-650+ wireless card. The card connects fine to the router but thats all. There's also no internet connection. My client for networking is installed also. I've reinstalled the driver and still the same thing. I've even tried a wired LAN connection with still the same result. It must be something in windows, but what? Please hel
Thank
Nick

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Hi Nick,

When you say you use an ethernet connection to the LAN and still no Internet connection, the
problem is a configuration setting or third party product such as a firewall service like Zone
Alarm.

If you have other machines that are connecting ok, then check their network configuration
settings and do the same on the laptop. Also disable any third party firewall services and
applications.

This will resolve your issue. It is just a configuration setting

Hope this helps,
Gary
--------------------
'--'From: "=?Utf-8?B?Tmlja1Y=?=" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: The Network is not Present or not started
'--'Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:46:04 -0700
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'
'--'I get this message when i try to connect to my network. I'm running windows 2000 pro on my
laptop. I'm using a dwl-650+ wireless card. The card connects fine to the router but thats all.
There's also no internet connection. My client for networking is installed also. I've reinstalled
the driver and still the same thing. I've even tried a wired LAN connection with still the same
result. It must be something in windows, but what? Please hel

Thank

Nick
'--'

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.