Windows Vista The folder is full

Reaction score
I can't delete, move or rename folders that I created in outlook 2007 mail.
If I try, I keep getting an error message saying that the folder is full. I
can create new folders but I am not able to erase the new ones created or the
old ones. I am not able to delete empty folders, not even in the recycle bin
folder.
Anybody can help?

Daniel

Reaction score
Hi Daniel welcome to the forum

Could you please state which operating system you are using please so people may have a better insight as to the options available

***Scrap that it's late and i wasnt reading properly ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It might be worth trying a detect and repair from the about menu to see if that fixes it. This page has a few tips on it that may help:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/vistaupgrade.htm

I'd try the security settings tips, as that might explain why you can't delete folders. If that doesn't work, recreating the user account should - but it's a bit drastic.

Reaction score
The Folder is full (Windows Vista)

Yes, sorry. Is Windows Vista.

TriplexDread said:
Hi Daniel welcome to the forum

Could you please state which operating system you are using please so people may have a better insight as to the options available

***Scrap that it's late and i wasnt reading properly ;)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
It might be worth trying a detect and repair from the about menu to see if that fixes it. This page has a few tips on it that may help:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/vistaupgrade.htm

I'd try the security settings tips, as that might explain why you can't delete folders. If that doesn't work, recreating the user account should - but it's a bit drastic.

Hello Ian,

I went to the security settings tips and I checked that my user is in full control. Everything looked ok.
I rather wait for other ideas before recreating the user account because yes, it's drastic.
I was thinking in reinstalling Outlook but instead I ran the fix option from the original disk, but no changes after that. The problem is still present. Any other ideas?
Rgds,
Daniel

Reaction score
Hello all,

Still cannot move, delete or rename folders in Outlook 2007, Windows Vista Business

I've been cleaning up Outlook and emptying the delete folder on an ongoing basis without any inconvenient, but now, when I try to delete or rename folder in outlook (any folder), it says the folder is full. I have no problem deleting messages. The problems are with folders and subfolders.

I am working with a regular PST file and the size of my PST is 1.4G. Since I am not being allowed to delete folders I cannot reduce the amount of them. It’s like being in a spyder web.

I restarted Outlook but the problem remains.

I tried to configure the size limit for the (.pst) files in Outlook 2007 but I reached until HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft. The part of \Office\12.0\Outlook\PST was not showed. So………..I continued my research. I found out that several users have the same problem I am having. They even try reinstalling Outlook, but the problem remains. I even followed recommendations to tried it as a corrupt profile but when I went to the Control Panel, I could not find the Mail section. It seems we have a real issue here.

Well, I do not know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.
Daniel

http://
daniel2710 said:
Hello Ian,

I went to the security settings tips and I checked that my user is in full control. Everything looked ok.
I rather wait for other ideas before recreating the user account because yes, it's drastic.
I was thinking in reinstalling Outlook but instead I ran the fix option from the original disk, but no changes after that. The problem is still present. Any other ideas?
Rgds,
Daniel

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It might be worth installing some other mail program, importing your mail into that and then delete your old account. Then, re-import it back to the origional application. I don't know if this would work, but it might be worth a shot (as it would recreate the PST file from scratch).

My PST file is several gigs in size and goes back years :thumb:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
It might be worth installing some other mail program, importing your mail into that and then delete your old account. Then, re-import it back to the origional application. I don't know if this would work, but it might be worth a shot (as it would recreate the PST file from scratch).

My PST file is several gigs in size and goes back years :thumb:

It's worth the shot. I'll try it and then I will let you know.
Thanks,
Daniel

Ask a Question