Windows 7 Cannot delete folders+

Reaction score
I have a few folders (each located on a different harddrive) and even one font that I can't delete. The folders were created by me and are empty (I deleted contents but can't delete the folder). I have tried various software to delete these, but since the message when I try to delete states that the folder is not there, the software can't "see" the folder and therefore cannot delete it.

Please help! Thank you very much!

Cindy

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
*waiting for the long path tool spam.....*

Reaction score
V_R, cinmcw is the real deal, she just takes 6 months to answer a post!!!!:lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Maybe, but am posting by phone so I cba to check it out. ;)

It was gut instinct.....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Whos to say that the OP will be the spammer... ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have a few folders (each located on a different harddrive) and even one font that I can't delete. The folders were created by me and are empty (I deleted contents but can't delete the folder). I have tried various software to delete these, but since the message when I try to delete states that the folder is not there, the software can't "see" the folder and therefore cannot delete it.

Please help! Thank you very much!

Cindy

Assuming you're using Windows try booting in Safe Mode, you may be able to delete the folders whilst in Safe Mode.

Alternatively download a small Linux Live Distro, and either boot it from a USB stick or burn to CD and boot to a live distro with that.

Within the live Linux you should be able to delete the folders.

Note: A live Linux distro resides solely within your computer's memory, it won't mess with any Windows boot settings.

Reaction score
I have no clue what you guys are referring to as far as a spammer and phoning in, but I thank you for your reply and will try your suggestions! Thank you very much!

Cindy

Assuming you're using Windows try booting in Safe Mode, you may be able to delete the folders whilst in Safe Mode.

Alternatively download a small Linux Live Distro, and either boot it from a USB stick or burn to CD and boot to a live distro with that.

Within the live Linux you should be able to delete the folders.

Note: A live Linux distro resides solely within your computer's memory, it won't mess with any Windows boot settings.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It's nothing personal. Just that this kind of topic usually results in spam of one kind or another. :)

Part of the reason I replied is so I would get an email upon a reply to the thread.

:)

Reaction score
I'm not offended...just didn't know if I was doing something wrong or what! :) Thanks for explaining! :)

It's nothing personal. Just that this kind of topic usually results in spam of one kind or another. :)

Part of the reason I replied is so I would get an email upon a reply to the thread.

:)

Ask a Question