The Call of Duty: Black Ops Thread

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
finch said:
my black ops was running fine until V_R messed with my config .... lol

i have massive lags issues no matter what server i use and long map loading times.
Oh Jesus who let you in..... !

My tweaks got nothing to do with your shoddy Virgin connection! :p

Actually on a serious note, your on a dual core too aren't you?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
40K in one round this time... :D

Not the best KDR though... :/

Click for bigger...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! 50K in one round this time... Well almost!! :D

Click for bigger...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Black Ops Map Pack DLC announced.

Hitting the 360 first for 1200 Ms points. I can only assume that we Pc gamers will have to pay for it as Activision are money grabbing *******'s

Best in HD...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They're greedy aren't they?

Don't bother me just yet though, I still can't play Black Ops online with my system :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah yeah i forgot to post this up...

Flops, three was a big B Ops patch out a day or two ago. Supposed to fix a lot of issues...

Steam will have DL'ed it, maybe give it another shot?

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
Ah yeah i forgot to post this up...

Flops, three was a big B Ops patch out a day or two ago. Supposed to fix a lot of issues...

Steam will have DL'ed it, maybe give it another shot?

:)

Okey doke :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nope, it's still rubbish, very jerky, no co-ordination :(

I don't think I've managed a single kill yet, lol

Oh well, can't afford a new system atm so I'll just have to put up with it.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Nope, it's still rubbish, very jerky, no co-ordination :(

I don't think I've managed a single kill yet, lol

Oh well, can't afford a new system atm so I'll just have to put up with it.

Try it on the xbox 360 Flopp's.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Try it on the xbox 360 Flopp's.

No way! lol

For a start I ain't paying Microsoft money to play online and secondly gamepad control for fps's is total tosh :D

I haven't actually played anything on the Xbox for about two or three weeks now.

I did manage to get past that level I was stuck on on Bayonetta though and I managed to pick up Red Dead Redemption's Zombie pack for just 300 points, I think they made a mistake there :D

It's great, much better than the main game in fact, imo, no soppy stage coach rides which I'm still stuck on :(

PC Games lately: Just finished Quake 1 within Win 7 at a high res, I still say it's the best game of all time, sheer enjoyment all the way through.

And just started playing Unreal II: The Awakening again, it's not bad but nowt special.

And Mafia 2, Oblivion Shivering Isles add-on and as ever CoD 4 online.

That's about it lately.

Haven't seen you here for a while Squire - you ok? :)

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm just busy.
My mother and my gf's mother have both just gone through the big c so we have plenty of visiting and helping out to be doing. My mother is completely finished her chemo and has been given the all clear so far. My partners mom has had her op and is now waiting on the radio and chemo therapy. Both moms ppear to be holding up well. My illnesses are pale in comparison. I'm back on steroids again to control my innards. The docs think that its all connected to my neuropathy... Its very late when i get home so i dont stay up all night anymore except for when i'm in work lol.
As for gaming.....i just started alan wake (xbox) got it very cheap and man its scary lol. I also bought resistance 2, arkham asylum and red faction for the ps3. Red faction looks great so far. Will let you know how Alan wake goes. Its got a very supernatural sci-fi feeling to it.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good to hear the Mums are doing well.

Well there's a thing, I picked up Alan Wake for £8.00 at a branch of Cash Converters today, just about to try it and see what it's like.

It does have a few scratches on it but the fella in the shop said I could return it if it didn't work.

Reaction score
Good to hear the Mums are doing well.

Well there's a thing, I picked up Alan Wake for £8.00 at a branch of Cash Converters today, just about to try it and see what it's like.

It does have a few scratches on it but the fella in the shop said I could return it if it didn't work.

Thats great....turn off the lights and turn the sound up, or use headphones. It's really addictive. It also can be a little hard to stay alive in places lol.
Let me know how you get on.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Call of Duty: Black Ops double XP coming this Friday to all platforms

Treyarch previously announced a Double XP weekend to go along with with the launch of the First Strike map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops on the Xbox 360. Now they have announced the exact start time and added a reminder that it is across all platforms.

The double experience festivities kick off at 1PM EST/ 10AM PST and will last all the way through Monday morning according to Treyarch Community Manager Josh Olin.
A dedicated First Strike playlist has also been added just in time after the community complained.

This marks the first Double XP event for Black Ops since it was launched last November. Should be a good time to finally jump up those last few ranks.
http://www.examiner.com/console-gam...double-xp-coming-this-friday-to-all-platforms

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The latest patch for the PC version of Black Ops has just gone live. Patch 1.06 brings improvements to stability and compatibility – the full list of which you can find below. The addition of new contracts and the “Dolly Cam” that the console guys have been playing with since patch 1.04 is still “in progress”, though.
LIVE FIXES

2/7/11
PC Patch 1.06
# • Backward compatibility for films created before Patch 1.05
# • Issues with weapon purchases after prestiging in some cases
# • Leaving a server and joining a different server, could briefly show the Map of the previous server
# • Duplicate player name on a server now becomes playername+slotnumber instead of ‘Unknown Soldier’
# • During a ‘Demolition’ match, the ‘Auto-balancing teams’ options may cause a ‘Defender’ player to respawn with a ‘Bomb’ icon in his inventory
# • Minor Shader Warming speed increase
# • One In The Chamber no longer counts democlient as a live player
# • 16x AA menu option for compatible graphics cards
# • Additional Stability improvements

IN PROGRESS

(Last Updated 2/7/11)

• Addition of new contracts.
• Addition of the “Dolly Cam” editing mode in Theater.
• If a player cancels an invite to a Wager Match, then attempts to join another server, they will join the server from the declined invite.
• Issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain conditions.
• Addition of round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same “spawn toob” protection as other explosives.
• Contracts should reset on prestige.
• Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
• Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
• Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific conditions.
• Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
• Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=313146&sid=m1smmrg7tsnlqk901iojjv0op2

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not played Multiplayer properly on this yet - does it compared well to MW2 or BC2?

I'm patching it now in anticipation of playing it :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its different to BC2, i'd say better than MW2 if not simply because it now has dedi's. :)

A lot of servers seem to be 24/7 Nuketown (think 24/7 Shipment or Killhouse in CoD4) which is fun but chaos at the same time.

I personally prefer objective gamemodes, HQ and CTF mainly with some Demolition thrown in for good mesure. Not played much SD even though that was my gametype of choice in CoD4.

Hate FFA and TDM is boring IMO. :)

You'll find it a bit hard going at first, but as you rank up, which is quick at the start you get better guns and will learn the maps, chokepoints etc. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike - Pre-purchase and save 10%!

Pre-purchase Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike DLC before March 25th 10am PDT and and save 10%!

First Strike contains 5 incredibly diverse maps spanning the globe; featuring 4 new multiplayer maps and a new Zombie experience.

“Berlin Wall” features combat on both sides of the imposing wall; "Discovery" is a desolate, frozen German outpost in Antarctica; in "Kowloon", battle in the rain along the rooftops of a towering Chinese sprawl; "Stadium" is an intense locale with a pro hockey arena backdrop; and in "Ascension", fight zombies in a Soviet launch facility.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/5152/

Patch 1.07 Out Friday

Hey PC gamers:

We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

PC Patch 1.07 Deploys Friday, March 25th alongside First Strike!

IN PROGRESS

• (Last Updated 2/7/11)
  • • Addition of new contracts.
  • • Addition of the “Dolly Cam” editing mode in Theater.
  • • If a player cancels an invite to a Wager Match, then attempts to join another server, they will join the server from the declined invite.
  • • Issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain conditions.
  • • Addition of round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same “spawn toob” protection as other explosives.
  • • Contracts should reset on prestige.
  • • Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
  • • Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
  • • Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific conditions.
  • • Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
  • • Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
  • • Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
  • • Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So the new maps a pretty good, add a little more to the game. Are they worth the price? Maybe... Still seems a little bit much for a few maps and nothing more, and still no mod tools either..... :|

Seems Blops runs much better on XP too! If you can, try running it under XP and it plays a lot better by all accounts.... :eek:

Ask a Question