Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hot Hardware have reviewed Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - here's a snippet:

"I have a confession to make: I enjoy the Call of Duty series. Some may scoff and hit me with a splash of Haterade, but the fact of the matter is, there's something that remains consistent with each new game in the series: I have fun. Fun is the operative word here, because while the series, like many others, has its obvious faults, what I care about most is whether or not I'm enjoying the game, and am intrigued enough to carry on. So far, no Call of Duty has let me down.

One of the obvious faults is that the series, by some respects, has begun to grow a bit stale. Well - depending on who you ask, that ship sailed long ago. While I'm a sucker for any new Call of Duty sequel that crosses my path, I can sympathize with those who are not. After all, we're talking about a class of games that sucks $50+ out of your wallet. You should be happy with it and feel that it's a worthy addition to the series.

It's not only the fans who realize this, but Treyarch as well. With the original Black Ops, the developer began to follow a similar Call of Duty path as Infinity Ward, by kicking off what was to become a continuing, unique story, much like we see in Modern Warfare. But that's not unique, so Treyarch cashed in on the zombie craze for the second time and added a robust split from the main game that had many fans addicted.

With the original Black Ops, Treyarch wanted to prove that it wasn't the "underdog" of the Call of Duty series. They were set to prove they deliver titles as good, or better, than Infinity Ward. While the success of that game versus Modern Warfare could be disputed, it seems to be widely agreed-upon that it was the best Call of Duty the company had ever created."

You can read more here.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Far too linear for me, the whole game feels like a set piece. The zombies is where the koolness is at ^^

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Far The zombies is where the koolness is at ^^

Is the zombie mode as much fun as the first Black Ops game? I'm a bit fan of the co-op/special ops/zombie modes in the COD series. Only just bought MW3 for the PS3 and I've spent a good few hours on the extras (without even playing single player yet!).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Lol, he's looking really good in that photo!!!

Ask a Question